1. Rebecca's Opera

Rebecca's Opera New Member

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rebecca's Opera, Jan 28, 2017.

Hi there. I'm Rebecca and I've recently graduated from university, so I now have more free time to get back into creative writing! I studied English Language and Literature so while I'm used to writing extensively, it's been mainly critical analyses.

I've always enjoyed writing short stories, and I hope to write some more with some inspiration and feedback from this forum. I find poetry and novel-writing much harder to tackle myself, but I'm interested in branching out into new forms.

My focus during university was eighteenth century literature, and I've come to favour the high and lofty novel styles of the late 1700s. I'm also interested in learning everyone else's favourite genres, writing techniques, and general tips.

I'm happy to have found this forum, so nice to meet you!

2. Andy_Megumi

Andy_Megumi Member

Nice to meet you too! :bigsmile:

A man called Valance likes this.
  3. Elven Candy

Elven Candy Pay no attention to the foot in my mouth Contributor

Hello and welcome! I hope you have tons of fun exploring and learning here, as I have. My favorite book of all time is Pride and Prejudice, though I admit it can be difficult to understand at times. I've always wanted to be able to recreate that style of writing, but that's far beyond my ability!

A man called Valance likes this.
  4. Darkless

Darkless New Member

Nice to meet you. Welcome. Call me Darkless. I too wish to become better at what I love doing: writing. I'm good as it is, really, but I know there is always something new to learn. So, be seeing you around.