1. lady_augusta

lady_augusta New Member

Hi :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lady_augusta, Mar 7, 2019.

Hi! I'm Augusta. I'm a college student who is majoring in history but I've been writing since I was about ten years old (and making up stories in my head long before that). I write a lot of fantasy, both original and fan fiction, although even when my stories heavily feature magic I'm very into politics and family dynamics almost more than I am the fantastical elements. I have also been working on what could be called my first 'sci-fi' story this year, although I haven't been doing well with the technical elements and that hampers my progress.

But the reason why I come to this forum seeking a writing community is because of the story I am working on now, which I have tried to write for a year with no success, and now I have some success but am still dissatisfied. This is also one of my first historical works, and definitely my first to be researched in such depth as I have. This is because I am turning in this story in May for the final project of my history class. This story is about the heiress to a dangerous frontier barony in the Crusader States in 1130 and her family and friends.

I know there are a lot of fantasy writers and sci if writers here just from lurking for a bit (hey!) and I was wondering if there were any fellow historical fiction writers around too!

2. XRD_author

XRD_author Banned

Wish I could help, but as a (unpublished) SciFi writer, most of the history I know is of the future.

Being a history major should serve you well as a writer. Good luck.

lady_augusta and John-Wayne like this.
  3. lady_augusta

lady_augusta New Member

Thank you! That's a fun way to put it for sci fi writing as well.
    I got my idea for this story in another history class, so I think so! :)

Nariac likes this.
  4. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forum. History is quite an important topic to know (its also fun to learn), so I'm sure it'll help you with any kind of writing.

Enjoy your time here!

lady_augusta and Cave Troll like this.
  5. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    :superhello:
    I write the Sci-fi (and other stuff), but history can be
    cool too.
    Good Luck and Have fun. :supersmile:
    WWII T-Rex.jpg

lady_augusta and Moon like this.
  6. Partridge

Partridge Senior Member

Welcome. Glad I'm not the only one who started out by making stories up in their head as a kid...

lady_augusta likes this.