1. CrowOfCalamity

CrowOfCalamity Member

Greetings Strangers. It is I, Crow Of Calamity.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CrowOfCalamity, Jan 6, 2015.

Hello fellow writers, I was searching for help concerning my writing and I came across this forum. I don't really know how forums work. I've been part of some but all of them short lived. I'm an eighteen year old kid going through his last year of high school. I've always had a passion for writing, since I was a little kid I always wrote things on the dark side; very gritty material. I remember when I was ten years old, I wrote about a cannibalistic kid named Sai. It was pretty sinister and that probably explains my preference of writing stories that contain dark elements, usually horror. Although I tend to write horror I steer away from the supernatural story-lines. I like realism. When it comes to horror, psychological aspects of life intrigues me more than monsters and ghouls. However I do like science fiction and do intend to write about it in the future. My whole purpose in joining this forum is to make friends, receive different perspectives of writing and overall improve my writing. I hope to publish a book one day, so maybe my future experiences within this forum can help me in my endeavor. As for my name, you can call me Crow. I'm looking forward to being involved in this community and maybe even gain a mentor.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi, welcome to the forum. I like your name. :)

3. CrowOfCalamity

CrowOfCalamity Member

Haha, thanks. I thought it was pretty awesome too.

Nicoel likes this.
  4. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

Welcome to the forum! I recently joined myself, and since I was new to this type of thing as well, I found this very useful. It's a quick member guide to help show you when, where, and how you can post.

I've personally never tried writing horror myself, but after reading a few creepypastas I have to admit I really enjoy reading it. I think there's more power to the statement (paraphrasing here haha) "The scariest thing is the truly insane."

And to me, that also counts for the human mind. It's capable of so much, on so many different scales - and that's terrifying. That's real.

5. CrowOfCalamity

CrowOfCalamity Member

Thanks for looking out! I skimmed through the guidelines and I think I got the gist of it. Creepy pastas are fun to read and some are entertaining to listen to. If you don't know what I'm referring to, well there are narrators on you-tube who actually tell those stories. The human brain is fascinating, as writers we are all children, in the sense of imagination. Nothing is impossible with a pen and paper or fingers to a keyboard. You sound like a chill, maybe we can collaborate or at least be writing pals. Critiquing each others work. :D

6. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

Ooh that's cool - I didn't know people did that on youtube. I've watched a few theatrical versions of the creepypastas (is that the proper term?). My favorite is probably The Smiling Man. Still freaks me out to this day if you catch me in the right mood. I think in some ways writing can help preserve our childhood, because we keep our imagination active but at the same time it can make us even more mature. Through writing about others, we learn about ourselves.

Writing pals/collaboration sounds awesome! I would definitely be willing to do something like that. :D I try to be a thorough critic though - so warning! ;)

7. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

CrowOfCalamity likes this.
  8. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum, oh Crow of Calamity! :D Dig the username!

Here's our New Member Guide to get you started. Hope to see you around. :)

-Kat