1. Nicholas Calvano

Nicholas Calvano New Member

Starting a full length book and hello all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nicholas Calvano, Jan 11, 2014.

Hello all my name is Nick. I was looking for some forums where I could discuss things for my new book that I am trying to write. Finished the prologue and the first chapter. I was wondering were I would be able to post the prologue and see if it peaks anyone's interest or not. This way I could see what people think of the idea that i am developing.

2. lex

lex Member

Hi Nick, and welcome to the Forum.

I think the place to do that here would be in the Writing Workshop.

(You need first to have offered two or more constructive critiques of other members' work for each new posted work of your own, and to have been registered here for at least 14 days and to have made 20 posts.)

3. Nicholas Calvano

Thanks for the info I will check it out and see about that.

4. Nicholas Calvano

Is offering critiques just replying to a post? If it is not where is the button or link to write a critique?

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It is replying to posts in the Writing Workshop, with substantive recommendations on how to improve the piece or writing.

And welcome to the site. I think you'll find there really is value in waiting and reading before posting your own work.

6. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Yes, how it's done is by simply replying to an item already posted for critique in the Writing Workshop with a constructive critique. No special button. ;) Just like we're doing here in this thread. There are many different categories for different kinds of works from which to chose. Make sure to read through the link I just gave for what the standard is for critiques, and better yet, think about the expectation you have for the consideration others will give to your work. A "wow, awesome, keep writing!" is of little value to anyone as it says nothing about the manner in which the piece did or did not work.

7. Nicholas Calvano

Thanks for answering my questions I get what I need to do to post.