1. Shiranai-san

Shiranai-san New Member

Bonjour mon nouvelle amis!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Shiranai-san, May 3, 2007.

Or: Hello my new friends!

No, I am not French. In fact I hate the language...I'm just in a French-title mood today which will cease after this post until it decides to arise again.

My name is Meagan and I have been looking for a place like this for a long while. I am a sixteen year old sophomore in High School that has a hope of becoming a published author. Writing is something I do everyday whether it be working on either of my three novels, my six fanfictions, my several unfinished short stories, my three unfinished poems, or roleplaying.

As for the username...It basically means along the lines of 'I don't know' in Japanese inspired by the fact that I lived in Japan for near three years.

One of the only things I'll ask you to do for me is to not criticize me for being an atheist or trying to sway me to the Christian faith. I grew up episcolpalian(sp) and I was never really religeous even as a child...

Anyway nice to meet everyone...

2. Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland New Member

Welcome to the forum. ^^ I hope you find comfort in the friendliness of this place.

You lived in Japan? Cool! Can you speak the language well?

Living and schooling in Virginia must be a little nerve wracking right now, is that true?

3. Shiranai-san

Shiranai-san New Member

It is...so many nice days...days when my biology class could go outside...but getting us outside is tricky thanks to Virginia Tech *sigh* Anyway thanks for the welcome.

4. Alice in Wonderland

=( Hopefully you can regain that freedom some time soon!

5. Shiranai-san

Shiranai-san New Member

I should...The school will do near anything if it involves 'reviewing for the SOL's' Heh...I just realized I made a mistake in my French. It's nouvel...not nouvelle ><; At least I think...

6. Alice in Wonderland

The wrong spelling looks more french. xD

7. Shiranai-san

Shiranai-san New Member

It's a masculine feminine thing...I used the wrong gender word...Nouvel and Nouvelle...first if masculine and the second is feminine if I am right. See what I hate French? Who cares what genders of words are? Why should words even have genders?

8. Alice in Wonderland

In german they have genders for words but no one cares. xD There are transexual words hopping around all over the place!

9. Shiranai-san

Shiranai-san New Member

Well...I'm not posting anything in French and this is my last year studying the stupid language...right now all I want is critiques on my writing ^^;

10. Alice in Wonderland

I'll sure read some of your stuff. ^^ Don't know how helpful I'll be at critiquing though.... >.<

11. Shiranai-san

Shiranai-san New Member

Thank you...I am sure there will be plenty of people who can critique my works...I just hope that they do...

12. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Nouvel is masculine, and nouvelle is feminine. Feminine always has more letters. One of the only things I remember from French class.

Anyways, hello there.
    3 novels, 6 fanfiction and several short stories all on the go, not bad. I'm finding it annoying keeping 3 novellas going at a set rate.
    Don't worry about people trying to convert you or giving you a hard time. Occasionally religion will come up, but almost entirely to explain why someone feels the way they do. Not to say anyone is bad, or to convert people.
    Cheers.

13. Shiranai-san

Shiranai-san New Member

I know the difference between masculine and feminine French words...I'm in French three...my mistake was using a feminine version of a word in a masculine sentence ><

And yes...it is rather hard. But I enjoy writing so it is not that bad...the problem is finding the time to write them all ^^

Oh...and I will say this right now. If I see flaming...or people just plain being rude...I will go moderator on your guys. I'm a mod on a very active forum with a lot of drama and I don't let that sort of things go on that forum and I will not allow it to go along here and I will report a mod who will do something about it.

^^ I love the forum I moderate...I'm in charge of the Literature section

14. Onoria Westhrop

Onoria Westhrop New Member

Mmm..Welcome to the site. I hate French, too. And speak fluent Japanese, too. Though I've not been to the US in years. You are in no danger of being converted into anything by me. Though one of my favorite lines is St.Augustine's "Lord grant me chastity and continence, but not yet." Words to live by...

15. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Sadly though the gender issue in french is very important as the difference can change the meaning of what you're saying e.g. (first thing that comes to mind) la manche (the english channel - body of water) le manche (broom handle) or le chat (cat) la chat(te) (suffice to say it's rude)

Welcome anyway though, I'll look foward to seeing some of your stuff.

16. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Lol.... I'm studying French for A level at the moment and I still make stupid errors from time to time but I love both the french and the spanish language... Welcome to the forums :)

17. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Welcome to WF I hope you have a pleasant time here with all of us.
    I hope you find the forum to be enjoyable and hope that it helps you in some way with your writing endeavours.
    See you around the board.

~Torana

18. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

sorry, but it should have been 'mes nouveaux amis' since you're addressing plural 'new friends'... in french, the pronoun and adjective have to agree in number with the noun...

but welcome, anyway!... love and hugs, maia

19. Shiranai-san

Shiranai-san New Member

I knew I was forgetting something else....>>....You would think someone in French III would be able to write a proper sentence....

Je deteste francais....>>.....Elle est tres difficile et ne interessante jamais. Je etudie francais depuis trois ans....