1. karldots92

karldots92 Active Member

New to writing

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by karldots92, Jan 4, 2016.

Hi Folks

I'm fairly new to this whole writing thing, although I have been toying with the idea since I was about 13. I'm only now, at 36, trying to do something about it. I have been reading fantasy/sci-fi since I was a kid and that's the genre I am writing in. I joined this forum as a new writer so I could get advice and feedback on some of my ideas and hopefully make a few writer friends.

karldots

2. theoriginalmonsterman

theoriginalmonsterman Pickle Contributor

Welcome to the forums!

Hopefully we'll be able to help you out with writing your story. There's a lot of other writers on here as well, so once you meet the requirements for posting a writing piece; I would recommend you post what you've got so far, so people can critique or help you edit.

If you haven't written anything yet, and need some help getting started we have a number of different forums on here that accommodate to just about any issue you may have while writing.

karldots92 likes this.
  3. karldots92

karldots92 Active Member

I did put up a post in the setting development forum but haven't gotten a reply yet lol

4. Masterspeler

Masterspeler Active Member

Welcome to the forum. I'm about your age and just started too. I've been reading sci-fi too (hence why my novel is a sci-fi). Its a good place to learn and hone one's skill.

AB