1. Polovinci

Polovinci New Member

Polovinci

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Polovinci, Nov 2, 2018.

Nickname: Polovinci
    Languages: Dutch (mother tongue), English (High?)
    Favourite genres to read: Young adult, historical, poetry, classics, fiction, and many more.
    Favourite genre to write: (Historical?) fiction, Young Adult. (will be explained later)
    Interests: Reading, History, Mythology, travel, music

Me in short:
    I only recently started writing. I've been thinking about writing for a long time but never really got to it, mostly because I didn't know what to write about. Finally I had a really vivid and interesting dream (that was really clear and I still remember everything of the dream) that inspired me and finally after years of 'thinking' about writing I actually started. And I LOVE it!
    I never realised how bad I needed to let my creativity flow until I started writing. Putting my thoughts and creativity on paper is such a relief and made me feel much better in my daily life.

What or who inspired me:
    As mentioned before I got inspired by a dream, but with the dream alone I would probably never have been able to make a story out of it. The rest of my inspiration I get from Mythology (mostly Greek and Roman at the moment).
    Sometimes I'm ashamed to tell this but I just love Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series (and the spin-offs). These books and Rick Riordan's writing style have been a huge inspiration for me.

What do I write about:
    I'm still in the early stages of the writing process and to be honest I am not really sure yet about what genre my writing is. I think it's more young-adult and fiction. I based my characters on Greek and Roman gods, so I guess I'm going to call it Mythological Fiction.

Want to know more? Don't hesitate to contact me :)

matwoolf likes this.
  2. DeeDee

DeeDee Contributor Contributor

Do you outline in the same neat way as you wrote this post? If you don't, maybe you should try :agreed:.

Polovinci likes this.
  3. Polovinci

Polovinci New Member

Oh I do
    Before starting the actual writing I've been making character sheets for weeks haha people I spoke to said that I should just start writing instead of trying to perfecting my characters. And now I'm happy I did start because 1) otherwise I would still be working on the characters. 2) i would've restricted myself too much and 3) developing a character as you write is so much more fun it's as if they get born and grow and develop themselves

Some Guy likes this.
  4. Artifacs

Artifacs Senior Member

Say no more, you're hired. Your assigments:
    1) Posting:
    - Anytime you want (or can).
    2) Mandatory Tasks:
    - Having fun.
    3) Optional Tasks:
    - Learning a lot of stuff about any unexpected subject.
    - Making buddies.
    - Having fun.

Welcome to the forum :)

Polovinci likes this.
  5. Bobby Burrows

Bobby Burrows Banned Contributor

I've been to Amsterdam twice.
    Love hagelslag.
    Thank you for hagelslag.
    Happiest city on Earth; Amsterdam.
    LOVE hagelslag, I wish London had that, not even London has it, and I can get matcha tea from Japan in Piccadilly Circus in London (which I love that about London) but could never get hagelslag in London; the only time I've ever gotten hagelslag was in the NL; my favorite one is the milk chocolate one, I am so jealous that we don't have hagelslag here.
    It's like chocolate sprinkles but better, since it's real chocolate.

Ever been to Amsterdam?
    Where in the NL are you?
    Like hagelslag? - I've been to Amsterdam, and the only taboo locals had was hagelslag, it was crazy; love it though, for real, be proud of that one NL, yes, thank you; thank that little boy who wrote into this chocolate company all those years ago because some 4 year old boy had the idea, wrote this company a letter and the company loved the idea and ran with it and now there's hagelslag.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  6. Polovinci

Polovinci New Member

I don't think I have every seen someone this passionate about hagelslag haha
    I'm from a small city near Eindhoven, in the province of Noord-Brabant.
    Yes, I have been to Amsterdam and I love it, I would never want to live there though.
    You can't get hagelslag in London? I think I saw hageslag when I was in Manchester and Oldham. You could always try to order it online of course :p My best friend is from Manchester and whenever he visits the Netherlands he HAS to bring some Dutch chocolate milk back to England for his sister haha.

Bobby Burrows likes this.
  7. Bobby Burrows

I can order it online, but the prices are severely jacked up/over inflated.

The last time I went to Amsterdam, I bought back boxes of hagelslag and a couple of cartons of Chocomel.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  8. Bobby Burrows

Some of the most interesting band names in the world are in the NL imo.