1. Havana

Havana New Member

Like Minded People

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Havana, Oct 8, 2014.

Hi!

I'm sort of looking for like minded people to chat, share and debate with. There isn't really anyone in my circle of friends that shares the same passion for writing as I do and as I plan on (finally) seriously getting into this, I thought it was a good idea to find some kind of forum like this.

I've just signed up to an online writing course with a qualification at the end which I'm quite excited about. I write almost purely because I enjoy it, though it is an ambition of mine to have a published book.

I read and wrote every day when I was younger. I did drift away from it for a few years and ended up studying graphic design at university. However, throughout my studies I found myself enjoying the essay and dissertation tasks rather than the designing.

Afterwards, I wrestled with the idea of taking writing up again and eventually decided that I'd rather do something I love! So here I am.

I hope to share and discuss with you guys very soon!

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome, Havana. :)

What an auspicious member name: Havana. I beautiful jewel waiting to be rediscovered. :-D

Have a run through the New Member Quick Start. A fast and painless intro to our venue and our rules.

And have fun. ;)

Wrey

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Like-minded people are a comfort, but contrary perspectives will lairn ya more...

Welcome to Arkham.

4. thewritingguy

thewritingguy Member

What's up? Hope you enjoy your time here