1. pegasi_quill

pegasi_quill New Member

Flat. Currently by the window. Staring out, in f

Uh, hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pegasi_quill, Mar 27, 2008.

Hey people! Um, I'm a newbie - I guess that's pretty obvious, seeing as I'm posting here.

Anyway, my real name's Maya (but people around forums call me Quill. Or Pegasi. Wtv, really), I'm 15 and curretnly residing in Poland. I like to write (sort of obvious, if you think abut it) and read - always have. I also love painting/drawing - anything to do with art, really.

Oh, and horses, of course. Anything about horses interestes me - they're my favourite thing to paint, to write about... Don't ask me why, but ever since I started riding at my neighbours (unfortunately I had to stop a couple of years ago, so now I tend to ride rather irregurlarly, but still, at least I get up into the saddle once every now and then) this fascintion has simply grown.

Oh, and I also talk a lot. Well, once I get started, anyway, I can babble on into infinity.

As for writing... I tend to stick to poems and short stories for teh moment. Sure, I'v attempted longer things - novels, you might say - but the first one I wrote between the ages of 9-12, so go figure how good that is. About an Easter bunny - don't ask. It's buried on one of my cupboards right now, far away from prying eyes. The second I'm working on and... uh, well, let's just say it needs a LOT of improvement before I'm showing it to anyone. Both involve horses, by the way ;)

Though I do try and write about other things as well nowadays, so as not to restrict myself.

...Uh, yeah, about that babbling of mine... I think I'll shut up for now.

2. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Maya? lol, one of my primary characters is named Maya, go figure eh?

Welcome to the Forums

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Maya, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Babbling, as you put it, suggests that you have a lot on your mind and a desire to express it. The challenge in that case is usually establishing the discipline to organize those thoughts in a structured manner, and developing the patience to revise a work in several passes to turn a rough draft into a polished manuscript.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

4. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Hiya there, Quill. Welcome to WF.org!

5. pegasi_quill

pegasi_quill New Member

Hey, thanks for the welcome :)

Really, lordofhats? What does she do? Is she good or bad? :p

Yeah, you've managed to hit on one of my major problems pretty fast, Cogito - my writing DOES tend to be disorganized. But I'm working on it.

And thanks, Hulk!

6. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

She's one of my five main protagonists, so she's a good gal.

7. pegasi_quill

pegasi_quill New Member

Yay! :)

Wait, is that story posted here? If so, care to tell me the title so I can read it? And critique, of course ;)

8. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Immortal's Edge is posted, but the version ehre is old, outdates, and from draft two of the storyline. I'm on three now and the character roles have been switched around somewhat. I am probably going to put the newest version up here in a week or so. I'm still working with it abit.

9. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Heya, welcome to the forums :) Glad to see another new face and hope you enjoy your stay.

10. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

Hey Maya......we have two things in common........15....and well, babble, I guess I babble a lot too, I babble a lot in my mind too, and I guess I'm babbling right now too. Anyways Maya, Indian name.......not really I guess,.....you know Maya means wealth in Hindi.......you certainly seem to have a lot of wealth of character.......wait a min...........am I getting senti.....*wipes a tear*......not really......I guess I should stop or someone's going to throw me outta here.......so I stop........now........and yah........Welcome.......wait a min I'd already stopped? lol

11. pegasi_quill

pegasi_quill New Member

Hey and thanks for the welcome people :)

And, Ray, really, Indian? I always thought it originated from Greek.

12. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

It began in the middle east and spread outwards from there. In ancient Hebrew it means Water. In Sandskirt, it means Illusion. In greek, it is derived from Maia. In Ancient Greece and Rome it is the name of a star in the constellation Taurus.

Yes. I am a nerd XD

13. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

welcome to the forum pegasi_quill

14. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

Hey, welkommen. :D

15. pegasi_quill

pegasi_quill New Member

Thaks :D

And, lordofhats: Really, a name of a star in the constellation Taurus? Funny thing, that's my sign ;)