Tags:
  1. sad-happy

sad-happy New Member

How's it goin' homies?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sad-happy, Mar 27, 2008.

Hello:
    My name is James (J.R.) Henning. I'm from VA Beach (757). I write all kinds of pointless material that means a lot. I like double negatives, philosophy, music journalism, poetry, fiction, essays, extenuated metaphors, lyricism; anything from rock n' roll to Hip Hop -those are things I like to write. I'll read anything, as long as it's not The Scarlet Letter.:rolleyes:

I'm vehemently passionate about music. I aspire to be in music journalism and I have withdrawals when I don't have a beat beating in my heart. I suppose you can call it an addiction, because it is. I take medication for it.

Genres: Punk (proto/post), Rock N' Roll, Hip Hop, RnB, Reggae, Dub, Dance hall, Ska, Electronica, Break-beat, Acid House, House, Techno, Instrumental, Non-Religious Spiritual, Shoe Gaze, Experimental, Underground Pop (not popular:the genre), Rockabilly, Psychobilly, Blues, Jazz.... EVERYTHING and SOME country.

Lastly, I have the slightest clue as to how active I will be. Most of the stuff I work on is personal, unless it's music or I just need serious help. So, all I can say, is I'll try. I'm a very busy dude.:cool:

2. pegasi_quill

pegasi_quill New Member

Flat. Currently by the window. Staring out, in f
    Hello and welcome. I'm rather new, too - joined today, in fact :D

Heh, I'm passionate about music, too, but not THAT passionate ;)

Anyway, hope you have fun here, and looking forward to seeing your stuff.

3. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Sir, I would just like to let you know...

You are...

Awesome.

That book sucked on so many levels lol :D

Welcome.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello James, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Whatever time you do spend here, or more accurately, whatever time you spend actively working on improving your writing, the more clear and confident you will become in your writing. I hope you find the site valuable enough to make it worth your time.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

5. sad-happy

sad-happy New Member

Well, I guess we will be new together (ah, the fun of being a n00B!).

lol and I don't really take medication for it... but I should.

Right? Who the hell wants to read about a leaf for three pages?!

It's the perfect example why you don't pay author's by the word...

unless it's me. Then it's cool.

But not reviewing is so much easier!

lol I'll do my best though.

6. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Heya, welcome to the forums :)

7. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

Hey........I'm finally glad to meet another music Freak..........Music is my life and my life is music........though when I sin it does sound like I'd just smelled chlorine..........but still foretting that........and I love Deryck......and Avril's my idol......she rox!! And well musics all about.......sum41.....Cradle of Filth..Cats in the Cradle........and......AVRIL!! Oh! I forgot.........*starts waving the conductor.....music starts.........Altos--Welcome.......Sopranoes---Haappyyyyy Stayiinngggg* lol

8. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

welcome to WF sad-happy. hope your oxymorons aren't limited to your screen name:)