1. BruceA

BruceA Active Member

Re-bonjour!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BruceA, Feb 7, 2016.

Hello everyone! I am returning to the forum after a break of a few years (some of you may remember me under a different user name - BritInFrance - but I forgot my password, and the email address I used for that account has been closed down). I had a longish break from writing, but have recently been bitten by the ShortStory bug. I want to read and write more short stories, and am looking for inspiration, help, support and the occational kick up the backside. A bientôt!

matwoolf likes this.
  2. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

A man like you needs a like on his profile. Not seemly a man and no likes.

BruceA likes this.
  3. BruceA

BruceA Active Member

Thanks @matwoolf! I feel (almost) complete now! ;)

4. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

Being on here for just over a year means I never saw your old name before but you already have a like so I guess you can't be all that bad

BruceA likes this.
  5. BruceA

BruceA Active Member

Thanks DeadMoon. I was on here late 2012 early 2013, so you wouldn't have seen me. I 'won' the first short story contest I entered on here (https://www.writingforums.org/threads/winner-britinfrance-short-story-contest-122-the-storm.57987/). I never managed to repeat my win, but enjoyed entering the contests, as it helped me to write.

6. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

I came in second in my first short story contest, (only four entries) but still it was a good feeling. I would like to enter more but am having trouble finding the time while working and having a 20 month old who, I believe may have a stash of pixie stick that keeps him fueled up and on the move. If I could write like he plays, I would be like Stephen King hooked up to a espresso machine.

Anyway good luck in all future endeavors...

BruceA likes this.