1. supine

supine New Member

Hi...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by supine, Nov 12, 2016.

Where do I start?

My name is supine. Well, not really - the definition of 'supine' is '(of a person) lying face upwards.' It would be somewhat strange to name a baby after an adjective, wouldn't it? That's like calling them 'recumbent.' No, my name - nickname - is actually Ronnie. Delighted to make your acquaintance, whoever you may be.
    I'm 18 and I'm Irish. I love reading, mostly postmodern cult classics at the moment. I write mostly coming-of-age short stories, with male protagonists, nihilistic themes, lots of drinking and swearing and the odd existential crisis thrown in for good measure.
    I began writing notoriously long works of fiction in school aged 7, joining writing forums aged 11, joined roleplay sites (I feel the need to stress 'not the dodgy types') the same year, and took a break a year and a half ago because I completely lost the urge to write. But I'm back, with a...lackadaisical vengeance.
    Writing has always been my true love. Like a real, human true love, I always end up coming back to it and, also a real, human true love, it drives me to near insanity after a few months of devoting excessive amounts of my time to it. I have never made money from it and never plan on doing so. But I'll always return to it because writing is my passion. I feel most content when I am writing.

I'll have to stop there before I begin babbling on about my excessive fondness for books and various bands and films just to have something else to say. But I am very happy to be here and eager to get to know some of you lovely people.

Ameshin likes this.
  2. supine

supine New Member

Why thank you, Carly!