1. RichardOgata

RichardOgata Active Member

Da Capo: Hello from [Hawaii]!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RichardOgata, May 26, 2020.

Hello everyone :)

I used to be semi-active member back in 2016 for poetry. Thread title is a throw-back to my original new member introduction 'Hello from Alaska!'... I have since moved to Hawaii.

Back to the poetry boards for me~

jannert, Scarlett_Rav and Xoic like this.
  2. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Wow! Alaska to Hawaii, that's quite a change of scenery! I think I know the answer, but which do you prefer?

RichardOgata likes this.
  3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome back. :) Where in Hawaii? I lived there when I was younger. My parents were stationed at Hickam. I was pretty young. Those were my junior high and first year of high school years.

4. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber marshmallow Contributor

I think the real question is whether he prefers spam or grizzly steak.
    Edit: Where on earth are my manners? Welcome back!

RichardOgata likes this.
  5. RichardOgata

Well let’s just say there are no plans to see snow anytime soon.

6. RichardOgata

I live on Oahu, live out by Ewa/Kapolei and work in Waikiki. Though not much work at the moment

7. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

See, now those places SOUND Hawaiian. Hickam? Come on Wrey, who are you kidding?

Wreybies likes this.
  8. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I can only imagine. :friend:

Anywho, always nice to have someone return. :bigwink:

Okay. Try this. Most of my memories of Hawaii are made of walking the halls at Aliamanu Middle School with my friends, thankful that my naturally swarthy complexion let me pass as a local boy, not a haole. :bigwink:

Xoic and RichardOgata like this.
  9. RichardOgata

Spam is pretty great but I do miss moose burgers .

I see you have made quite a few poetry posts! I’ll make sure to read through them as I get back into the community here.

10. RichardOgata

My poor hubby has been called a haole a few times since we moved here.

Being half Japanese myself, I have successfully camouflaged as a local hapa.

Wreybies likes this.
  11. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber marshmallow Contributor

Thanks. I'll be sure to watch out for your stuff, too. Always good to get some more poetry action in the workshop.

RichardOgata likes this.
  12. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi Richard! As living proof that fat floats, I'm now one of the Moderators here, and I want to welcome you back. Most heartily!

In order to help you get reoriented and settled, here are a couple of links I strongly recommend that you read at the start. The content of these has probably changed slightly since you were here last. No huge changes, really, just more clarification of some aspects.

New Member Quick Start

Forum Rules

One of the popular areas of our forum is our contest section. I don't know if this was ongoing when you left or not, but the format has changed a bit over time. There is a monthly contest running for Short Stories, Flash Fiction and Poetry. We really encourage you to visit the site, read the current entries, and vote for your favourite when the voting period starts. This means a lot to the people who have written these entries. And it will also give you a good idea of what our present members are capable of writing. And, of course, you are welcome to enter any/all of these yourself.
    https://www.writingforums.org/writing-contests/

While the Role Playing Game section is not new, it’s being given a revamp. So if you are interested in playing and writing Role Playing Games, you might want to visit this section and get in on the fun. https://www.writingforums.org/threads/resurrecting-the-dead-rpg-section-rebuild.165055/

I hope you have fun getting to know the new us and let us get to know you, via the posts you make. There is a lot under the hood. This site map might help you find your way around more quickly than the menu bars do, so feel free to use it. https://www.writingforums.org/faq/

If you encounter any difficulties, don’t hesitate to contact me or one of the other moderators, whose names appear in yellow at the bottom of the Community page. We will be glad to help.

Again, welcome!

Cheers for now,
    Jan