1. anika morrimotto

anika morrimotto New Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by anika morrimotto, Oct 10, 2007.

I'm Natalie,but I prefer to use the name Anika. The name of my main character in all of my books. I have been writing now and plan to transfer on a creative writing scholarship when I go to ASU. You will most likly see my work in everything except scripts.

2. ScaryPen

ScaryPen Active Member

Welcome Anika!(Both Natalie and Anika are very pretty names) Hope to see your work here soon. All the best with your future plans. :)

3. Endeavour

Endeavour New Member

Welcome! :)

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Anika, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room on this site, therefore, is a true workshop, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

5. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Welcome to our site! I hope you like it here, and care to share your talent with us.

6. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hi there Anika, it is wonderful of you to join us here. I look forward to seeing you and your work around the boards.

I hope that your time here with us is enjoyable and helpful.

Torana

7. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the site and I look forward to your contributions in all the forums except for scripts. We have many talented members here both for their output and knowledgeable critiques. If you have any questions then let us know, see you around the site.

Be sure to check out our writing competitions- I hope to see you entering soon! See the links below for details.

https://www.writingforums.org/showthread.php?t=5885

And whilst there is no poetry contest at the moment there soon will be, be sure in the meantime to cast your vote on the entries for the last contest.

https://www.writingforums.org/showthread.php?t=5989