1. Sheadra

Sheadra Member

ISO: A warm welcome and like minds

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sheadra, May 17, 2015.

Hi everyone!

All my life I've been a reader. I can't remember reading ever being difficult for me. For years I read and planned a normal life. One with a 9-5 job, marriage, and kids. One day life kicked me pretty hard and I've been reorienting ever since. As I've been coming out the other side I've realized that there shouldn't be any reason in the world I can't create my own stories.

So that's what I'm here to do. I want to create my own stories, but I spend more time staring at the screen or fiddling with anything near me than actually writing. I'm here to be in the company of anyone that calls themselves a writer. I want to read about your struggles, tests, attempts, and successes. Mostly I want to have a community that can help me understand that this dream isn't impossible for me.

Can't wait to read some of your stuff!

matwoolf likes this.
  2. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Welcome, Sheadra!

I started writing after hitting a difficult patch in my life, too. Sometimes escapism isn't just for the reader.

Hope you find what you're looking for here.

Sheadra likes this.
  3. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

Sheadra likes this.
  4. TheWingedFox

TheWingedFox Banned

Welcome, and remember that the kicks and reorienting, despite being trials that we face, also fuel the fire and imagination that burns within writers...it makes us what we are.

Sheadra likes this.