1. Damian_Rucci

Damian_Rucci New Member

A Horror Short Story

Discussion in 'Horror' started by Damian_Rucci, Oct 14, 2007.

Hello everyone I have just started to write a short story about a group of vampires holding a train hostage, it is supposed to be horror, does anyone have any tips to make it scarier or any tips?

2. EyezForYou

EyezForYou Active Member

Put yourself in the character's shoe, and go from there.

3. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Vampire stories and so forth are very common thing, so as you write it think of what has been done and try to go one step further with it.

One question though, and I don't mean this in a nasty or offensive way, just question to help out in a sense.

What makes your vampire story different to the rest? Is there something in your so different to the rest that will really capture my attention?

Ask yourself silly little questions like this. Picture yourself in a train being held hostage by vampires and think of the mmost terrifying thing that could possibly happen at that prticular moment in time. Then jot it down. Jot anything down that springs to your imagination, words, images, sentences, etc. Then go over it and see what you yourself can come up with.

(I do this to Nadala all the time :p)

4. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

To put a different spin on it why not have it that one of the passengers on the train is the one that is controlling what is happening. Living out a nightmare that has plague him/her from childhood. Or it is a child's imagination that has created this all to become a reality.

There are boundless opportunities really. You just have to make it believable and a little different to other vampire stories and make people have the strong wanting and desire to read it. Give it a twist. A good twost that no one would expect it to have.

5. Damian_Rucci

Damian_Rucci New Member

Yes well the main character is plagued by this memories of his from his past that he tries to put away. Also, I gave the vampires a human like feel with human desires like money. Currently, I am trying to make this different than the others and thank you so much for your help