Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buff_azoo

Buff_azoo New Member

Honest question - How open would you be to a more unconventional way of publishing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Buff_azoo, May 23, 2019.

Dear writers, world-builders, creators and overall story-enthusiasts!
    Working on my project, it has suddenly hit me that my research is missing more feedback from a vital group and so I have therefore ventured here to kindly ask for some honest thoughts from all you lovely people!
    So first a little background story:
    I'm currently working on a e-store that I'm hoping will also bring another channel for income and publishing for artists and writers in all genres: Instead of clothing collections we will release stories containing different characters (along with artwork) and sell clothing from these stories.
    Keeping above in mind, the whole idea kind of rests on writers having an interest in sharing their story in a more unconventional way.
    The idea is also to have a collaboration of a writer, a visual artist and a clothing designer in each "collection". Something i now realize may not be a strong selling point for some...
    What i AM sure about is that, better than to speculate i might as well ask my target audience directly:
    Would you personally be open to writing in collaboration with others? How open would you be to exposure in a non-book way as a writer? Would the business aspect affect your interest in writing?

One last note: The only rule for future stories would be that the company mascot must somehow make an appearance in the story (however minimal)

2. Earp

Earp Contributor Contributor

You'd have to explain the process in more detail, but I'm having trouble imagining anyone buying clothing based on characters from stories by unknown authors. That last requirement would be a deal-breaker for me, anyway.

3. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

This kind of market research isn't allowed, sorry

:closed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.