Tags:
  1. ElConesaToLoco

ElConesaToLoco Active Member

¿Does this statement make sense for this character?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by ElConesaToLoco, Apr 30, 2018.

So my MC is talking to his king (With whom he has a good relationship), and they're going to touch on the subject of the queen being pregnant. As someone who's not a father, I'm trying to figure out if this statement makes sense (Read character info below for context. Also, don't mind the phrasing, as I write in Spanish. This is only about the message that's conveyed with the sentence):

*King confirms queen's pregnancy*

"My most sincere congratulations. Nothing's ever made me prouder than watching my kids become adults. I think you'll do well... Just..., just make sure they feel loved..., and hold them close; you never know if any day will be your last..., or theirs".

For context, my MC has lost both a natural son, as well as a foster son, who died only a few days before this conversation, and the king knows that. Also, for a good part of his life, he barely spent any time with his son and daughter, back when they were small kids, making him regretful of his choice to keep fighting in the war that was going on back then, so that's also something that would affect his take on having kids, as they're now in another war, and the king is very busy with it.

Any parents here that could give me their take on this? I think it makes sense for him to link the idea of having kids with a feeling of fear, but, then again, I'm not a father.