1. fruityloops

fruityloops New Member

what to do with a lovercraftian hybird

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by fruityloops, Oct 24, 2017.

as a break from all that, I wanted to start maybe doing a short series of stories detailing a woman observing the by-product of an eldritch abomination and a human woman. he's only referred to as number 17, being the 17th subject in a line of other hybrids. the mother died giving birth to him and his father is unknown (although some say it's abbi-sahth, a giant bird-like creature made of dying stars and black holes). I just need to correctly portray the idea of Lovecraft hybrid decently, yet he has a father that isn't based on any elder god in the Lovecraft mythos. the main themes I want to explore is man vs self, society, and nature vs nurture. and the boy has wings which can turn into combat tendrils when threaten.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  2. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Senior Member

Lots of examples in fiction... maybe look at TVTropes?

3. newjerseyrunner

newjerseyrunner Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022

Also lots of examples from the classical civilization. I would consider the Olympians/Titans to be creatures of Lovecraft proportion. Almost all stories from that time period have some form of demigod/hybrid/whatever in them. Achilles comes to my mind immediately.