1. frigocc

frigocc Contributor Contributor

They F'ed Up With The New Ryan Reynolds Movie

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by frigocc, Mar 6, 2020.

Trailer looks cool as hell, and fun, and interesting . . . until they get to the actual video game stuff. Before that, it looked like it'd be this average "other guy" in a crazy, modern, yet fictitious world of heroes and villains, but they fuck it up by turning it into pretty much a Fortnite-fest.

Am I the only one that thinks the movie would look so much cooler if, instead of him being in a video game, he was just a background character in a TV show, with crazy stuff happening around him?

2. Lili.A.Pemberton

Lili.A.Pemberton Active Member

Haven't seen the movie but have seen the trailers for the movie you're talking about. I feel the concept of a tv show with crazy stuff happening around him isn't as appealing because it's kind of already been done with the Truman Show -- sure, the Truman Show is more like someone manipulating someone unknowingly into making a TV show -- but either way if they messed up making an NPC becoming self-aware in a video game, chances are they would've doubly fucked up making a background character in a TV show becoming self-aware.

It is what it is.

Also to me it looks more like it's based off of Grand TheftAuto than Fortnite.