1. Roxie

Roxie Active Member

Need Advice

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by Roxie, Apr 11, 2008.

I sent a query to www.WLChildrensAgency.com they have responded saying they would be interested in seeing some of my work - all good right?

But over the last few days friends of mine have been saying that this agency is a scam. As any one of you ever had any dealings with this literatry agency? Or have you heard anything good/bad about them.

Now I am weary about sending them my children's manuscipt. Help!

Not sure if this is the best place for this but here goes.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

i'm moving this to General Writing -> Publishers. Unfortunately, there are a lot of scammmers out there. I don't have any real insight into which ones are or are not, but the members who regularly read the Publishers forum are much more knowledgeable.

From what I understand, reputable agencies would never encourage you to submit a manuscript before you have a working relationship. Again, however, I have no experience in that area.

3. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

you should know that on the p&e page linked above, you have to scroll down to 'Writers' Literary Agency' to find that listing... it's not under 'WL'... and yes, it's one of the biggest scams, on a level akin to the leader of the pack, poetry.com...

from now on, i hope you'll check out publishers and agents before you query them... p&e is the best place to start, but they might not have been informed about a scam yet, so you need to also google for feedback on firms and check out their sites, to see for yourself if they look legit... read all the general info on p&e to learn what to watch out for...

love and hugs, maia

5. Roxie

Roxie Active Member

Thanks everyone and Maia I promise to do better research next time! The links were very useful.