Tags:
  1. katina

katina Banned Contributor

dreams

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by katina, Sep 1, 2018.

lets talk dreams.
    What was your latest dream and do you ever incorporate it to your stories?
    Fire away :D

2. Privateer

Privateer Senior Member

My current work is heavily based on a series of seemingly linked dreams that I've been having for years.

The dreams are terrifying and carry a strong sense of being premonitions, somehow. They've often involved structures or locations that didn't exist when I had the dream, but which do now, and always involve a sense of impending doom and a sky filled with storm clouds darker than anything I've ever seen. They seem to be centred around some kind of disaster and a war that follows.

The first of them involved my being in command of a small group of soldiers- a mixed bunch of regulars and some sort of militia- preparing to fight a delaying action while civilian refugees were evacuated across the bridge near my home. I never get eyes on the enemy in the dreams, only hearing the fighting and seeing arcs of tracer go up into the sky over the city, but I know they have armour because I can hear it- *feel* it through the ground- as it comes towards our position.

The sound of tanks approaching has always kind of given me The Fear, even when they were ours. Being driven over by one didn't really seem to help matters, either.

katina likes this.
  3. Zerotonin

Zerotonin Serotonin machine broke

A few years ago I had a dream that I was some sort of government agent looking at a massive government building in ruins. Atop the rubble was a young girl, the most powerful person I'd ever seen. She smiled, and was gone.

This dream brought a new idea to life and, about a year later, the first draft was written. I've left it dormant for two years now, but I've finally started on the second draft. Though 90% of the story is changing, I still attribute its conception to that one dream, and it's stuck with me for years.

katina likes this.
  4. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Once dreamt of NYC on fire. The ocean was filled with bodies. Everything around me was burning an all I did was laugh whilst smoking a joint.

The weird thing was that, upon waking up, I felt sad that it was all a dream.

Sometimes I look back on that dream while watching the news and sigh.

katina likes this.
  5. katina

Agreed the news are just what you have described.
    What is NYC? is that New York City? :)

6. katina

Wow what a dream. Nice one :)

7. katina

That is very busy and army driven dream. Do you play computer games?

8. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Yeah, though, I call it New York "Shitty" for many reasons. Mainly the Anti-living standards this place has. :p

9. katina

LOL that sounds pretty shame. o_O :p I have never been to the States the only thing I know about is from the movies or news. It is very high rise concrete right??

10. Privateer

Privateer Senior Member

I do. Mostly strategy and RPGs like the Elder Scrolls. Of course, these dreams started back in the days of SimCity 2000 and Rollercoaster Tycoon.

I try to avoid FPS games. They don't have any of the organisational challenge of a good 4X space empire builder and the combat feels arcadey and silly.

katina likes this.
  11. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

I am plagued, even after a decade, by a mortifying dream about having to shave a nude woman, err... thoroughly. I got fed up and decided to write it out of me. It's been 450 pages, and I still can't write that one part. I even tortured my poor MC by having him shaved!

There she lay, with that look on her face. "Well, c'mon... "

:eek: runs away screaming :eek:

Shenanigator and katina like this.