1. Kaygrl

Kaygrl New Member

From the beginning... to nothing.

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Kaygrl, Feb 23, 2016.

I have the worst struggle when it comes to writing my stories. I can always bust out the first few chapters and they are hook, line, and sink. But then the middle isn't always so easy, mostly because I get so anxious to write EVERYTHING. Too many ideas floating, my fingers can't type fast enough. But then.... the ending is non existing. I know what I want to happen, but I can never decide how I want to write it. It is my biggest struggle, so I tried writing the last few sentences of my book and working backwards. Well, I have 3 sentences written and no idea how to get to them from everything else.
    Does anyone else have this issue, and how do you go about dealing with it?? It's so frustrating because I want to be able to complete a rough draft for once!

2. Feo Takahari

Feo Takahari Senior Member

Jim Butcher has written about this:

The rest of the essay is about techniques to deal with this.

3. Kaygrl

Kaygrl New Member

Thank you for your insight, that article was actually pretty helpful! I was reading through it and I came up with an awesome plot twist that I think will give me a little more focus for the middle. Thanks you! :)