1. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

our new newsletter

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mammamaia, Jun 12, 2013.

congratulations on putting the newsletter together, daniel!

it's a great addition to the best writing site in existence...

if i may [and if it's not already being done], i'd like to suggest posting a 'check this out!' sort of announcement re new additions to the articles, where it can be seen by all and/or in the appropriate section, so those who don't know about the newsletter can be 'turned on' to it and newcomers can be apprised of its existence...

it may also help to cut down on the thread clones, to have the most popular subjects dealt with there...

whatcha think?

love and hugs, maia

2. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

The newsletter I got through my e-mail is what reminded me that I have an account here and maybe I should check in to see what's going on.

3. ChaosReigns

ChaosReigns Ov The Left Hand Path Contributor

Loving the newsletter, once everythings up and running properly with it, it should look great :)

4. mammamaia

is it being sent out to everyone on the site, daniel?

can it be added to the 'important information' box?

5. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Hey maia, thanks so much for the kind words, I really appreciated it.

I'm not sure I'm following your suggestion. Are you saying basically an on-site version of the newsletter that highlights recent articles, recent threads, etc.?

By the way, I've moved this thread from announcements to feedback - I'm going to create an announcement thread regarding the newsletter and articles section in a few minutes.

That's good to hear. I'm not sure how long you've been gone, but we've had some moderate changes, with many more improvements in the works. ;)

Currently, yes. The newsletter goes out to the entire forum memberbase. New members will be automatically subscribed upon registering. However, one can always unsubscribe - every email includes an unsubscribe option.

As for adding it to the important information, I'm not sure what I would add. I could possible add a link to the online version.

6. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Just want to say Daniel, I'm very impressed with the Newsletter! Keep it up man. :)

7. mammamaia

adding a link is necessary, imo... i see you have a button for 'articles' up next to the 'community' one, but adding a link to the whole newsletter in the important info menu would also be helpful, imo... i didn't mean to include it in any one of the info pages, just to add a link to the menu...