Tags:
  1. Rose Strailo

Rose Strailo New Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rose Strailo, Jul 5, 2008.

Hi. My name is Rose Strailo as you can see. I have just joined and hope to have a nice time here. I also hope to grow as a writer, small as I may be.

I currently don't work due to some problems, but I do write quite a bit. Mostly fanfiction, but I do write original works.

I have one story in the works called A Butterfly's Dream. I update on that one every 2 to 3 weeks. In between updates I write Flash Stories based on word prompts, under Rose Strailos 100 Flash Stories. I have some where around 20 written at the moment. I don't know exactly, I'd have to actually go count.

I live in the desert, so I stay inside most of the time, but when I do venture out into the heat and sand (and believe me when I say heat and sand and lots of it), I enjoy going to the library and browsing their amazing collection of books. I have a thing for the 'Sandman' series by Neil Gaiman...however you spell his name. I forget. :redface:

I also watch a lot of movies and listen to quite a bit of music. The only time I really watch t.v. is for the movies on Sci Fi on Saturday. My tastes range and vary from watching zombies getting their head blown off, such as House of the Dead, to watching odd creatures maul a bunch of woman, which was pretty much what The Decent was about.

Anyways, I also rp, but only with some people. I'm odd like that. I get some of my best story ideas from my rps.

I suppose that's all I can really say about me. :-D
    Thank you for your time.

2. DreamSong

DreamSong New Member

Hey, Rose. Welcome to the forums. I hope you do have a good time. :)

3. Lucy E.

Lucy E. Active Member

Hi! Welcome to WF!
    PM me if you need anything.

4. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Welcome :)

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Rose, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Posting your own work should not be the very first thing you do here. It is really worthwhile to see what other people have done to improve their writing, and see if some of it applies to your writing as well. That is part of why we require members to review other members' work before posting their own for review. On the other hand, there are no restrictions, other than content and copyright rules, on showcasing your work in your member blog.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well, and be sure to read through the forum rules, too, to avoid any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. Respect for one another is our principal mandate.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

6. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

[​IMG]

7. Rose Strailo

Rose Strailo New Member

Thank you for your welcomes. It's nice to be welcomed so well to a new community.

Anyways, at the moment, I'm poking around, discovering what's what and what's posted and what not. I'm getting a feel for the site. As for posting stories, I may post snippits mostly, just little things, and link to my profile page that has my stories, which is a good amount, mostly one shots, with one series set and one chapter story.

Thank you again, every one.:D

8. zorell

zorell New Member

Hello to ya! Welcome to the family! Now, to calm down and use some periods;) We're glad you joined, an active RPG right now is The Pheonix Colony. Come, join. Sample some of the many submissions, and have fun. Love the avatar;) May your words flow, and your keys never strike back.

9. The23rdman

The23rdman New Member

Hi Rose :) Make yourself at home and have fun. Will look out for your work.

10. Rose Strailo

Rose Strailo New Member

Quick question, did you have sugar before you posted? And if you did, how much? And finally, why didn't you share? :) I'm cute, really I am.
    Anyways, I'll take a look at the RPG in a bit of time, since I have three going already. It's hard to get with my fiends...excuse me, friends, since they live else where.
    And my icon is what you get when I get bored and I'm on yahoo hunting for pictures.
    :-D

Thank you. I hope everyone will enjoy what I write, when I get around to actually posting.

11. zorell

zorell New Member

Believe it or not, that's me when i haven't slept in 24 hours;) But if you really want to be that hyper, try apples and peanut butter, if you're not eallergic.