1. Kitk37

Kitk37 New Member

Returning to the Forums

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kitk37, Oct 5, 2016.

Hello Everyone!

My name is Christopher James Kalkbrenner, but my family and friends call me Kit. I have a drive to write and choose to express myself, as much as possible through my writing. I have not been on the internet actively for quite some time, due to some personal events that happened in my life. I have been struggling with the writing as well. I am hoping that being a part of this forum will help me with that.

Currently, I have a completed manuscript of a novel I intend to self-publish to Kindle. I have another one I am trying to get started on, as well. I am mostly a general fiction buff; if it peeks my interest I will read it. I have read fantasy, crime thriller, westerns, mystery, science-fiction, and horror, etc. I do not have a specific genre to write in, yet. There are so many to choose from and I need to do some research on what each genre has for it's structure.

The novel I am doing is about a boy who has a vision of some event in the future and his father is investigating the murder of his brother. I ended up with two main characters; not intentionally, it just worked out that way. I have been revising, editing, and reading it quite a lot and realize that I need fresh eyes, so I will likely be looking for beta-readers in the near future.

I, also, am trying to write short stories. But I miss the opportunity to develop ideas that come to mind. I can't stand to think of this as work; it is just something I do and enjoy. Every time I think of it as work I don't feel like doing it. I have been struggling with motivation, lately. I also, seem to have a fear of rejection and success; it is quite immobilizing. But I am a writer and seek to be read, so, will be looking to post some stories on here to gain feedback.

I look forward to interacting with everyone on here.

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Writing shorts is a good way to stay in practice (at least that is what I have learned) :supergrin:

Welcome to the mad...er...Forum. I am sure you will find someone to beta your work once you have fulfilled
    the requirements for you to post in the critique section. :supersmile:

Anywho, good luck with your works, and C-ya around the Forum. :superhello: