1. Pikefish

Pikefish New Member

Hello from the Netherlands !!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pikefish, Nov 4, 2019.

Hi everyone, i am a woman in her 40's and just love to write stories for children. I work for University and love reading, cooking and music.
    Have two bunny sisters named Furby and Snickers.
    Looking forward to interact and learn from you all

:supersmile:

Rockatansky, Catrin Lewis and dbesim like this.
  2. dbesim

dbesim Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi @Pikefish .

I went on holiday to the Netherlands last year. It’s a beautiful city. Lots of canals and bicycles. Took many pictures.

I love kids stories because they tend to have happier endings. Looking forward to reading yours. And we’ll see you around!

3. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

Hello and welcome!

I do training over there in The Netherlands. Beautiful country. I look forward to seeing you interacting and reviewing working the forum.

4. Pikefish

Pikefish New Member

Thank you for making me feel welcome !

Rockatansky, dbesim and EFMingo like this.
  5. Rockatansky

Rockatansky Banned

Welcome fellow Terran,

I Hale from the post-apocalyptic Wasteland known as California. It's toxic with high levels of radiation and numerous mutant zombies!

Plenty of sunshine though, make sure to bring sunblock 5 million and hazmat suit

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  6. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hello Pikefish (a fearsome creature!)

I'm one of the forum moderators, and I want to welcome you to the forum. I'd also like to mention that I visited the Netherlands a few years ago, and spent a week in Leiden. I really enjoyed myself, just exploring around and enjoying the early summer quiet there. (The University was closed at the time.) My one regret was that I don't speak Dutch, so I was very frustrated in the bookstores! So many great-looking books that I couldn't read. Drat. But it's a lovely place, and I remember remarking to the Scottish friend I was with, "These people really know how to enjoy life." We ate outdoors a lot, on the canal barges and in other places with outdoor seating. Fantastic weather as well. I loved being there.

I not only visited the botanic garden, but I absolutely LOVED the museums there. Especially the textile one, with the fantastic portrait paintings of the erstwhile guild members from the 17th century. They are so lifelike, and show such personality. It made me feel as if I was walking through another time, meeting real people. Such beautiful gardens everybody had, and that city centre market that was held (I believe Wednesdays and Saturdays) was to die for. Unfortunately as we were traveling light from Scotland, we couldn't really buy anything. But it certainly made us envious.

Anyway, I hope you are settling in here to the forum. In order to help you get oriented, and to learn how we operate here, please take a look at these two links:

New Member Quick Start
    Forum Rules

If you have any questions or need my help with anything, please contact me via a 'conversation' (click my owl avatar and follow the signs) and I'll do my best for you.

Explore the forum, and feel free to jump in to any threads that interest you. If you like short stories, poetry or flash fiction, you might want to read the entries for the current contests and vote for your favourite. And you are welcome, even as a new member, to enter any of the upcoming contests as well. No prizes but pride and a digital 'medal,' but they are fun. And if you win, you will feel quite encouraged, I'm sure.

I'm looking forward to meeting you on the threads.

Cheers, Jan

Pikefish likes this.
  7. Pikefish

Pikefish New Member

Hello Jannert,

Thank you, how lovely to hear you really like our country. Yes, we love to have a good
    time (we have a Dutch word for that "gezellig". It cannot be translated, but it means to
    have a good time together basicly).

Leiden is a nice city, i know. Yes, we love to read. lots of book stores. I also love to go to
    the market square. I have gone through the rules, good to know.
    I will find you when a question pops up!

Pikefish

8. H. Antler

H. Antler Member

Hello from another new member. From the Nordics myself. Playing anonymous here so no country mentioned ;)

dbesim likes this.
  9. J Chris

J Chris Member

Hello! I'm new a well. Welcome!