1. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Beta Reading Betas needed for a 95k romance / romantic comedy

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Tenderiser, Feb 15, 2017.

I'd love another couple of readers for my latest MS. It's set in Loch Ness, home of the famous monster, and features a cynical scientist and a monster believer who are forced together to research a deadly parasite in the water.

I posted an early draft of the first chapter a while ago: https://www.writingforums.org/threads/unnessiesary-contemporary-romance-1500-words.148319/

I'm mostly looking for general reader comments: do you like the characters, do you get bored, what do you like, what don't you like, etc.

I prefer not to do simultaneous swaps because they've never worked out well for me. I usually do IOUs for a future beta read, bearing in mind I'm no good at judging fantasy.

Please let me know if you'd be happy to read it :)

2. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Just read your first chapter in the Workshop - I love the fox :D I thought Rhey might be Indian because of the Indian food. And I HATE Malcolm. I hope he has a deservingly horrible ending :D (my browser's telling me "deservingly" is not a word. How's that not a word!?)

I'm not honestly reading anything right now. You know I am ever so slightly prejudiced against love pure romance, but if you wanna hit me with your manuscript, I'll be happy to read. I'm currently looking for something to read!

Tenderiser likes this.
  3. OJB

OJB A Mean Old Man Contributor

Hello Tendersier,

If you are willing to let me read this, I would be willing to give you a full review.

I tend to focus mainly on structure and imagery in my reviews, but I can be more general and less detail if that is what you are after.
    If you feel like I'd be a good fit, let me know; if not, I understand.

-OJB.

Tenderiser likes this.