1. Alistair Black

Alistair Black Member

The Netflix Double Feature Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Alistair Black, Sep 15, 2017.

Recently I've begun having my own Netflix double features at night, and it's been very fun. So, I thought, why not start a thread about it? Here we can share what films we've watched, and give some recommendations on movies that pair well together. The rules are quite simple: Any movie, with any age rating, is acceptable; however, it must be only movies, no television shows.

To begin here are my recommendations:

Evolution - The Eyes of My Mother.
    Two fantastic horror movies from recent years. Both have very little dialogue, focusing instead on visual story telling. They have great sound design and are both disturbing, though The Eyes of My Mother is the far more disturbing movie.

Hellraiser - Hellbound: Hellraiser II
    I haven't watched these together yet, but considering where Hellraiser II starts off it makes sense to watch them together. Great horror movies, a little cheesy, but they feature one of horror cinemas most underrated villains; Pinhead. The special effects are great, and the makeup is genuinely disgusting in many, many places.

Well, don't let me take up all of the thread, carry on with your own picks everyone.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Mojin: The Lost Legend - Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny

The first is a gorgeous film that I really liked because, though it is clearly big budget, it was also clearly not made for American audiences. In that way, it was refreshing. There is a portrayal of Chinese Communism in this film that would never, ever come out of Hollywood, and the different perspective was fascinating.

The second film is the sequel to the original Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. You must be willing not to compare it to the original, which is an impossible act to follow. It's a smaller budget film, and unlike the original film (and unlike Mojin), it was filmed in English. I have a deep, resounding love for the character of Yu Shu Lien, who is again played by the Michelle Yeoh. There is a beauty in this character that I find compelling and enviable.

3. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Sharknado then Sharknado 2 and then Sharknado again.

Then Sharknado 3 and Sharknado 4.

Repeat until Sharknado 5 is released.

izzybot likes this.