Tags:
  1. Little Leaf

Little Leaf New Member

Hey there.....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Little Leaf, Apr 20, 2019.

Hi,

I'm Little Leaf, UK based wannabe writer and lover of all things nature. I write fiction, badly, but I try! I have a vivid imagination and a bazillion ideas, just need to pin them all down and cobble them together.

It's lovely to meet you all, if I could make you all a nice cup of tea, I would!

Shenanigator and Maverick_nc like this.
  2. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Hi Little Leaf, welcome to the forum! I think we all write badly when we start out, but you'll find a lot of good resources and friendly people here who are more than willing to help you improve your writing. If you haven't already, take a look at The Rules, then feel free to wander about the board. Don't be afraid to jump into a thread or three, and I look forward to seeing you around!

Little Leaf likes this.
  3. Maverick_nc

Maverick_nc Contributor Contributor

Welcome! I'm new too but I'm finding a ton of useful information and insightful critique here, so I hope you do too.

NC

Little Leaf likes this.
  4. Little Leaf

Little Leaf New Member

Thank you both for the warm welcome, I shall make myself a cuppa and get settled in :)

Nariac likes this.
  5. Nariac

Nariac Contributor Contributor

Hello there and welcome! Nice to see more UK folks around. Tea for all!

Mine's an Earl Grey ... with milk ... and sugar ... because I am a heathen. :p

Alan Aspie likes this.
  6. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

Strong cup of black tea with honey and a small splash of milk to me, please.

And could you please pass that cake, those muffins and brownies to this direction.

(This is narrative world. You can do impossible. Only impossible you can't do is undoing and unsaying things.)

7. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

I'll take rooibos if you have it, thank you very much. Are there scones?

8. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi there! I see you are a fan of 19th century-based stories. Me too! Is that the sort of thing you are writing yourself?

Before you get started, I'd check out the Rules section that @Iain Aschendale pointed out above. And while you're at it, the New Member Guide is also recommended ...especially if you want to post your work for critique. There are a few requirements you must meet before you can do that.

To find the New Member Guide, just open up the Information tab at the top of the Community page, and scroll down to New Member Guide.

Once you have put in at least two constructive critiques on any of the Workshop forums, then you can then post your own work for similar feedback. The rule is you give two critiques of somebody else's work for every single Workshop entry of your own. That ratio exists forever, not just for new members. Two for one, every time.

Workshopping is one of our most popular forum features, because it gives you a chance to show us what you're working on, and get some feedback on it. It also is an excellent opportunity to look at how storytelling devices work, based on your engagement with other people's stories. It's a win-win.

Anyway, look forward to seeing you around, and looking at your work if you decide to post it. I also write in a 19th-century setting, and love Jane Austen. (Although my novel is set in the USA.)

However, I'm off in a huff. I'm a coffee person! Tea? Humph.... :)

9. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

BURP!

Scones? Here? Noo.. I don't think so. Never saw one.

BURP!

Moon likes this.
  10. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Leafy. Enjoy your time here!