1. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

The public swimming pool

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by wordwizard, Feb 9, 2007.

I was at the pool the other day and got to thinking how odd it was that there is a lot of people in the water...yet none of them had to go pee........hmmmmm.......... then all of a sudden a little boy started puking IN the pool. we all got evacuated out and the scooped as much as they could out and poured chemicals over it. after awhile they let everyone BACK IN. I thought to myself eww how contaminated is this pool? I have also been there when someone went number two in the pool. So i am also wondering how often do these types of things happen...and how often do you think they change the water?:eek:

2. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Thats why I like swimming in lakes and rivers.
    I know it makes absolutely no sense considering everything that lives in the water, but it seems so much cleaner. Probably because I don't smell all the chemicals in the water.

3. Frost

Frost Active Member

Town pools are good for one thing - laps.

4. poetryliberates

poetryliberates Banned

town pools are the most horrific place on school hollidays or weekends...i swim in the ocean!

5. Frost

Frost Active Member

The ocean is bad for my hair.

6. poetryliberates

poetryliberates Banned

LMAO @ frost

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahhaha

7. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    Well I don't swim so I don't havve a problem...lol

But I have been evacuated from the town pool once and it got closed for 3 days due to some very nasty accident from a female that totally grossed everyone out and yeah I never went back after that.
    But now we have a new indoor heated pool and when you go there you literally need ice water all year round it is way too hot in there and your eyes burn from the smelll of chlourine (unsure of spelling).

Ariella :)

8. Wader Go

Wader Go New Member

A friend of mine always says that if he swims in a public swimming pool, he doesn't get sick for six months, because being exposed to all the bacteria strengthens his immune system.

9. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

My local pool is checked and cleaned half an hour, unless there's an emergency. Never gotten sick in the summer before, so I guess they're doing something right.

10. Spherical Time

Spherical Time New Member

Rivers aren't particularly clean either. Six to one, half dozen to the other.

11. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

my daughter gets sick almost everytime she goes there-whether its a skin condition or some sort of cold. I am not saying that its becasue of the pool-just a wierd coincidence. I think the pool is a feeding ground for bacteria. A sesspool one might call it. The pool may "clean" the pool evry half hour....(which they dont here by the way)... but they must only be cleaning the filters or flushing chemicals through which seems gross in itself. Also!! the floors on the bottom of our pool is all jaggedy...could you imagine how much dead skin cells would be floatin around .....ewwwwwww.

12. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Wow, glad I havn't tried the new aqua center..... ah well and hey, don't they have that chemical in the water now so that when you pee, the area turns purple? has anyone seen it happen? and what about crazy pool managers? ours pretty much hated anyone being in the pool and pretty much told us that 'you cannot swim in lanes 123456789'! that's what most of us rekoned, and he also threw people out for no reason!!! like my brother!

13. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

really! wow That manager was on a total power trip. I have heard rumors since i was like 5 that if you pee in the pool the water will turn a certain color. Never have seen it happen though. I was always to scared to try hahaha. If it were true though Im sure with the amount of small kids in the pool would make it a dark purple swimming pool-haha

14. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    Well I don't think I would want to try it and they have specialsed anppies for babies and toddlers now that do not soak up water so it is good really. They technology these days I am sure they aren't that bad hygenically.

15. poetryliberates

poetryliberates Banned

you can get a special chemical to put in a pool that turns it a certain colour when you pee lol, ive never seen it myself and i uh..hope i never do lol

16. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Yeah, and the sad thing is, a drak part of me wants to see if it is true.... but in completly controlled circimstances and privacy of just me and the pool which will automatically clean itself, filter out all the bad things and chemicals so it's pure as drinking water before being released into the ocean and.... I'm getting carried away with this aren't I?

17. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    The chemical changing colour is an urban myth. There are so many chemicals, fluids, and other things in the water already, that just having people jumping in would make the colour change if it existed.