1. Werner de JOng

Werner de JOng New Member

From behind the door in the unlit hallway, a slender hand appears, slowly waving to the crowd.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Werner de JOng, Nov 2, 2016.

Hi all,

My name is Werner, newbie but enthusiast scriblist from the Netherlands. Trying to write a story in English to educate, entertain and express myself.

Hope to post some snippets now and then of a story I'm creating to get some input on how to be more creatinve in dialogues, keeping it sharp but exciting and all the other usefull stuff a creative writer can learn about. :)

Looking forward to share and meet with you all.

Catrin Lewis likes this.
  2. Lady Fickle

Lady Fickle Member

Welcome, I just got here as well and I am beyond enthusiastic! Meeting people with creative impulses is wonderful!

3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Werner! Welcome to WF :)

I've been to the Netherlands once (Maastricht) and I really liked it, and the Dutch people I met. :)

It's fun to meet other EFL speakers who write in English. It's not my first language either.

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. See you around! :)

-Kat

4. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hello, Werner! Another non-native English speaker writing in English? I am in awe. You guys....

5. Werner de JOng

Hi all,

Thanks for your welcoming kind words. :)

Maastricht is not the particular tourist hot spot that I am aware of but certainly a nice place to be. Good to hear you liked it. I myself live near Deventer: https://www.google.nl/maps/place/Deventer/@52.2489188,6.1637239,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x47c7ebc9af5d5611:0xc1a40d18d98571e3!8m2!3d52.2660751!4d6.1552165?hl=nl Also a nice place to visit which is not the typical tourist thing you hear when thinking about the NL. :)

6. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

Hello there. Isn't this exciting! What a great place to meet like minded creative super hero's...hope to be anyway. I take breaks in between rewrites to say hello and welcome. So...Hello, and Welcome!

7. Werner de JOng

Hi ThistleMae,
    Thank you for the welcoming words. :)