1. youngwriter_32123

youngwriter_32123 New Member

I have the Plot but no beginning

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by youngwriter_32123, Dec 28, 2007.

I am writing a book about a girl who is cursed and everyone that she loves dies so she makes it wear she can't love but something happens and she falls in lve with a guy and she has to either sacrifice him or her but the problem is I have NO BEGINNING!!!! Can anyone help the story is called THE WAITING ROOM!! Can anyone help?

2. Klee

Klee New Member

Start where you feel like starting, if it's in the middle or the end or the beginning just do it. Later you can come back and give it a proper beginning.

3. youngwriter_32123

I have finished writing everything BUT the beginning

4. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Start with explaining how the girl was cursed - who cursed her and for what.

5. youngwriter_32123

she was born on friday the thirteenth and 2 days after she was born her mom dies and then every year someone she loves or is close to dies

6. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

Start with her gaining the knowledge of her curse, whether this means that some mystic tells her or she comes to the realization on her own. This will create a turning point, and tension upon the reader to see what she does. Then you can proceed to the curse and following scenes.

7. Neidermeyer

Neidermeyer Active Member

Maybe you could start it off with the main character at a funeral of one of the loved ones whom she lost, possibly thinking back about the course of events that has led her to where she is now? It would allow you to develop a strong emotional attachment between the main character and the reader early on.

8. youngwriter_32123

ok i have the WHOLE story EXCEPT the beginning and so far the funeral idea is a good beginning

9. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Ok, so what is the earliest point you have wrote, so that if you were to put it in order, where have you began from? Does that make sence as a beginning on its own perhaps? If so, start from there. If you really cannot think of an opening, then perhaps it is better not forcing one to come out.

Otherwise I like the idea of the funeral.

10. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

I agree with Heather on starting out where you, well, end the beginning?

My idea is that if this is first person then you may start out at the climax, the girl explaining her thoughts, otherwise a funral sounds nice.