1. Prudence Jones

Prudence Jones Member

Does anyone know where to find non-English proofreading?

Discussion in 'Research' started by Prudence Jones, Mar 10, 2018.

Hi! I just finished work on a translation of my first children's book, and I was wondering where one might find good proofreaders for other languages!

2. NobodySpecial

NobodySpecial Contributor Contributor

If you live in a big enough city, and depending on the language you might try a cultural center. As far as cities go, I live in a fairly small one (145,000 people), never the less, we have Chek, Hungarian, Polish, Russian, German, Scotch/Irish, even Romani, and other cultural centers and you can bet a bevy of native language speakers.

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Contributor Contributor

Have you tried fiverr? They have freelancers in anything and it costs 5 bucks.

4. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Search on google in the target language and you'll probably find the relevant sites. It's hard to know when most people here write in English and search in English - foreign sites wouldn't pop up in the search. You may have better luck if you actually told us which languages you need the proofreading in?

5. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

theres a lot of different nationalities posting here so if you let us know what you need you might get volunteers

6. Prudence Jones

Prudence Jones Member

For those asking what language it is, it's French but I'm probably going to do some other translations in the future.

7. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Who did the translation - most translator services include proof reading as part of the package ?

8. Prudence Jones

Prudence Jones Member

I did it myself, which is why I'd like to get it checked. I'm pretty good at French, especially simple French, but not good enough to let something go without a second pair of eyes looking at it.

9. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

A good place to find someone might be a nearby college or university. Be nice to the professors, ask some questions, respect their time and they're generally pretty helpful and probably know a few people that'd do it for something reasonable.

10. Quanta

Quanta Senior Member

If it's not too long I could take a look. PM me if you'd like.