1. Albirich

Albirich Active Member

Beta Reading Beta for a short story++ (dark fantasy, low fantasy)

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Albirich, Sep 19, 2016.

Currently the only thing I'll be offering is the short story I finished two weeks ago. It is completed but I'll give it in two go's. (11k words all in all)

If the short story interests, I'm also looking for somewhat of a regular beta-reader for my main novel, of which I have worked on for close to four years. This will only happen if we...uh let's say click.

The short story is a backstory event to main novel, something that would be mentioned in the main novel but not necessarily something major in terms of importance to the overall story-ark.

The story would be considered dark fantasy + low fantasy.

The short story follows an apothecarist apprentice named Ludleth, whose love is slacking wherever he can, eat whatever he can, and read as many books he can. He accompanies a Grand Apothecarist to a city surrounded by the grey eyes (or nicked the grey light). At first he thinks it a great honor, but he quickly realizes he's not cut out for going outside his home filled with pork, wine and a massive library. There appears to be heavily layered mazes of mysteries in the Wysterian city, not only from its local lord but even from his own master, and Ludleth finds himself at a crossroads.

Okay I could probably pitch this better but I'm exhausted. I have a curse, and that curse is I can only be productive at night...even though I'm sooo tired.

2. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Sure. I'll do it.

3. Albirich

Albirich Active Member

I'll send you pm :^)

4. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

I've never been a beta before, but if you tell me specifically what you'd like from me, I'd be happy to help. :) Your story sounds interesting.

5. edamame

edamame Contributor Contributor

I'm interested if you need a beta. Let me know what you're looking for.

6. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

@Albirich Are you still looking for new sets of eyes? I have some in the fridge ;-)

7. Safety Turtle

Safety Turtle Senior Member

I know it's been a while since you've posted, but if you're still interested in find beta readers I wouldn't mind doing it.
    Haven't beta read anything before, but I'm very interested in the dark/low fantasy genre and writes that myself.

Let me know if you're still looking.