1. Benjamin Fenty

Benjamin Fenty New Member

Is this an interesting story?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Benjamin Fenty, Jun 11, 2016.

Synopsis: In the last days of the gods, the Greek hero Perseus will respawn in a new vessel to protect them so that they die in piece. This is the prophecy foretold by the Grey Sisters in ancient Greece and the days of the gods are numbered by the turn of the 2000s. A teenage girl discovers that she's the reincarnation of Perseus and the gods recruit her to begin her training. Once fully trained, she will face deadly foes and destructive forces that dare take advantage of the gods weariness as well as her own personal demons.

Please be honest and critical if necessary.

2. Mumble Bee

Mumble Bee Keep writing. Contributor

It sounds interesting but i think it needs a bit of desperation. I.E. she's not what they want, but she'll have to do. If these are really the last days, then her 'training' is going to be less like Anakin Skywalker (a whole jedi organization that churns these guys out) and more like Luke Skywalker (split between two old hermits that didn't have much time left)

Sorry if everything i mention references Starwars, I just marathoned the original trilogy

Plus there is a whole organization surrounding these Gods, their power structure. If they're really dying then it should be decaying around the MC.
    (or maybe being changed from a republic to an empire?)
    Power vacuums rarely go unfilled, whats taking the place of these gods?

3. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Firstly, if you're going for Greek gods, try to be aware of the Percy Jackson series. It's in the same genre and aimed at the same demographic with a very similar plot. Secondly, it depends a hell of a lot on tone. I've seen similar scenarios played straight for so long I'm kinda bored of it, though that is just personal taste. Finally, what powers does she have? Is it the standard above average stuff, or does each have powers specific to their legends? Is their a reincarnation of Achilles who is immune to all damage apart from at the heel?

4. Benjamin Fenty

Benjamin Fenty New Member

Oh I'm well aware of Percy Jackson -.-