1. chloe.spencer

chloe.spencer New Member

Hello. =)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chloe.spencer, Sep 26, 2007.

Hi, everyone.

I write under the name Chloe J. Spencer, and I found this forum via Google. My real name is Lisa, and you can call me by my pseudonym or my real name, I'm not too fussed. I thought of the pseudonym about 5 years ago, when I was paranoid of the net, and now I'm attached to it. =P

So, about me. I'm 20 years old, and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I'm currently studying Science at TAFE, but I am planning on studying Writing & Editing next year. I am a member of two other writing forums (same username), and I hope that this one will be as fantastic as the other two.

I write fiction and poetry, and would like to start writing more non-fiction. I love reading and reviewing other people's work, and will always be honest with my thoughts. I also maintain a website (that has just turned 1, aw) and if you're interested in visiting it, watch my signature.

Thanks for reading. =)

2. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Hello there.
    I don't normally do this, but since I seem to be the first person to greet you, here's my version of the usual opening greeting.

Please feel free to explore the site. It will help you find out whats what, before you start posting heavily. We would like to encourage you to use not only the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but whatever else catches your eye.
    Personally I would recommend the RPG's we need some fresh blood in there.

We feel reviewing is an important part of writing. So we encourage it as much as humanly possible. This means you have to review two pieces of work, before you can post on the Review Room. The thought behind this is that when you can spot the good and bad in other peoples work you can find it more easily in your own.
    So rather then the Review Room being a virtual display case, it can be a true Review Room where people learn the good and the bad.
    Please follow this link Noobie Packets! - Writing Forums to find out all the info that might prove helpful.

Wow that was wordy.
    I think I'll just stick with the "hello, please have a look around, and have a nice day" from now on.
    I hope you like it here.
    Cheers

3. chloe.spencer

chloe.spencer New Member

Thank you, Domoviye. =)

I think I have RSI from clicking so many links, hehe. I've been checking everything out, and so far I really like what I see.

It's been a while since I've seriously roleplayed, but I'll check it out and perhaps contribute in some way.

I'm a lot harsher on myself than the rules are - I would like to have 80 - 100 posts before I post any work of my own. I think it's important to show people that you really are going to stick around. Also, I love reviewing, and I agree that it is an important part of writing.

I'm a good little noobie and have already checked that post out, but thank you for posting the link, all the same. =)

4. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Domoviye has you comprehensively covered there. I'm glad you like the site, you would appear to be a most useful addition to our caring community. You needn't wait so long to post your own work, but I admire the aesthetic you adhering to!

Should you have any questions then fire away. If not, enjoy yourself. I can't see why you wouldn't!

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Lisa, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room on this site, therefore, is a true workshop, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

6. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hi there Lisa, welcome to the forum. It is lovely to have yet another Australian grace the boards around here. Although I am from the opposite side of Australia.
    Anyway I hope you have found the writing contests in the weekly writing group. THere is contests for poetry and short stories and well as the big short story contest at the top of the forum. I do hope that you jon in on them as they can be a lot of fun.
    Well take care and enjoy your time here among all of us.

Torana

7. chloe.spencer

chloe.spencer New Member

Thank you Gannon, Cogito and Torana for your welcomes. =)

8. newguy

newguy New Member

Hellllaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Wi've met havu'n we lassy!!!!
    I thank ya for yar Constroocteveness
    in yar critique

Wae'll since yer new her...
    Welcome to the soyte

enjoi yer stiy here lassy!!!
    and Knooow that thas is an insanely
    great site full of constructive crits!!!

9. chloe.spencer

chloe.spencer New Member

Thanks for the welcome, newguy. =)

10. Weaselword

Weaselword Banned

Ooh, a shiny new poster!

How's things in Oz?

11. chloe.spencer

chloe.spencer New Member

Hi, Weaselword. =)

It's raining at the moment, unfortunately. *is confined to the house*

12. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Welcome! I hope you like it here. Have fun and don't hesitate to ask for help.

13. chloe.spencer

chloe.spencer New Member

Thanks, anthraxx. =)

14. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Sorry for the slightly belated welcome... but its a welcome nonetheless :) Hope you're settling in alright and that you've not been scared away yet hehe

15. chloe.spencer

chloe.spencer New Member

Thanks, Kit. I haven't been scared off.. yet. =P

16. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Lol i'm glad :) We're really not that scary ... *evil laugh*

17. sunflower

sunflower Banned

Welcome Chloe,
    Hope you are enjoy you experience at the Writing Forum. If you would like a to share a story or poem and want constructive criticism I will be looking forward.

18. chloe.spencer

chloe.spencer New Member

Thanks, Sunflower.

19. yfc54

yfc54 New Member

Hiya
    Every Lisa I've ever met has been a really feisty, hit first ask questions later sort of female. Actually I have no hard evidence of this and my findings are based solely on the fact that my daughter is a Lisa :D

Welcome and good luck with everything you do