1. Missebus

Missebus New Member

Published author working at a publishing company?

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by Missebus, May 29, 2010.

I really hope I put this in the right section; if I didn't, I'm really sorry!

Anyway, to go into more detail: I'm an aspiring author (shocker! :p). I do love writing, and when it comes to a career I've been considering journalism and working as an editor or something, nothing concrete, you understand. If I manage to get my book published with Company A, would it be possible to work there? I'm not really sure how these things work.

But yeah, I do plan on researching more thoroughly on my different career goals in general, so sorry if it's a stupid question.

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

My partner has been published by a few places now and got to know some publishers and editors on a very personal level, and become very good friends with them. Because of these friendships, and these publishers/editors knowing how experienced he is, he was approached by two different publishing houses (that he has previously been published with) to work for them. So now he works for two publishers, a associate/technical editor, and an editor at the other.

So the answer to your question is, yes, it is possible to work for a place that has published your work.

3. raian

raian New Member

My novel has just been picked up by the company I work for, so yes, I think you can work there :)

4. Missebus

Missebus New Member

Okay, thanks for the responses you two! :)