1. Narwhal

Narwhal New Member

My Band (.. ?)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Narwhal, Jan 18, 2008.

Not sure if this is like.. allowed? I'm not selling anything (or should I say, asking any money), lol. Its related to "the arts" though and the header says thats not allowed, so... fingers crossed, haha.

Just wanted to see what you people think of my music. I've recently quit the band, I cant really focus or commit to music for now (lots of life BS going on, stress, relationship problems, no money, etc yada yada), but I'm still attached to it and proud of the stuff we've done. I play piano and guitar, though I alternate between the two with the other string player. It doesnt really matter who does what in the songs, but if youre curious I can probably figure it out.

www.myspace.com/paracontra

its basically post-rock / shoegaze (kinda background-y sounding music, we want to add vocals and some more strings such as violins, or a professional piano player to the mix). Lemme know what you think!

2. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Some interesting stuff you've got there...

3. Narwhal

Narwhal New Member

I should add that all of the tracks on there are actually just improv-jams.. lol. We want to re-record (and "polish") most of them though. Some bits we've written before are in there, but the collective output is completely organic. Ive never jammed with such a great group of musicians, we can just go.. and keep going, haha.

I hope if you do start listening, you listen all the way through. Obviously, if its bugging your ears, close it, but there are a lot of little gems buried in each of the tracks.

Also I'd LOVE to have some feedback on what you thought; what appealed to you or stood out as sounding quite bad, either way, lay it on me hehe.

4. ValianceInEnd

Well, I can't quite say how I feel. This sort of music isn't fully my cup of tea, being a fan of mostly L.A. Punk and Classic Rock. But you definetley have the roots of certain music, and it ends up in a really cool sounding song. I personally wouldn't just listen to it to listen to it, but they would make fantastic soundtracks, and being an aspiring director, that's what really counts. :p

5. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Hey, I'm partly aspiring to be a film director as well!

This is the sort of music where if you made a good movie people would buy the soundtrack and hear most of your songs. For example, A Mansion Nocturne is something I'd consider using if it was a little more polished. I think your songs would improve if they had a 'fuller' sound. At the moment, they come off a little thin.

6. ValianceInEnd

I would agree with Bluemouth on that. It would definetely be great with some better recording equipment, and I understand how difficult it is to get a good recording.

7. Narwhal

Narwhal New Member

Thanks guys; I do agree, the music is not very "compelling" as is, our plan is to just record and upload our favourite jams and then put them into a composing program and polish them up. I have a few songs I've written which I'll upload in a bit. Theyre much more "coherent" than the jams, haha.

8. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Not bad. Not my style, but still decent music.