Tags:
  1. Mattiemae

Mattiemae Member

Hello From the Netherlands

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mattiemae, Jul 7, 2015.

Hello everyone. Nice to meet you. I am a non-fiction, fiction, and poetry writer. I've been writing for the last 4 years on different blogs, started writing short reads in non-fiction last October, and working on my first novel for a couple of years. I've been delayed at times because of obstacles, but still chugging along.

I moved the Netherlands in 2013. I haven't written much fiction and poetry for the last year because I was busy learning the marketing and business in another forum, and writing non-fiction.

I just started reading on screen writing, fiction, and taking a few short workshops free on different sources like future learn and watching you tube video's on writing different things.

It is my hope to make some friends and learn and grow. I used to be on Hubpages in 2011-2014. I miss the interaction with other writers while I've been studying other things.

I have 185,000 words written in a novel, but need to take it apart and rewrite it because I wrote it before knowing all the stuff, because of lack of resources and opportunity at the time. So, I now see lots to redo and rework.

It is my hope to learn valuable information in here to become a better writer.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Mattiemae, and welcome to the forum!

I've already seen you around, so it looks like you already got started. :D By the way, here's our New Member Quick Start if you haven't taken a look at it yet. :)

I know the feeling of writing a novel manuscript before knowing enough about how to really go about it... Re-writing seems to be the name of the game for me, too...

The Netherlands, huh? How do you like it there? :)

Anyway, hope to see you around! Have fun!

-Kat

3. Mattiemae

Mattiemae Member

Thank you KaTrian, appreciate your comment and new member thread. Yes, I'm going to have to rewrite it. :( Pain, but also kind of did it on purpose so my ideas would happen without being influenced.

I enjoy the Netherlands. Yummy food! Nice European culture. I've been to Germany, France, and Belgium as well. All fascinating.