1. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

Era of Darkness

Discussion in 'Archive' started by fantasywriter, Jan 10, 2009.

Era of Darkness

In the year 725 EC, this world was at peace, or as close to peace as it could get.

Still the races fought. We humans were selfish and drove the others back, and the elves and dwarves hid, perhaps waiting for the right opportunity to strike. The war between us ended at least 500 years ago, yet we still despise each other. But now we must forget our differences and join together to fight against the evil that has now threatened our land.

The portal has been opened.

The gate to another dimension – an evil, corrupt dimension. It is unknown to us how this incident occurred. All I know is that this world isn't as it used to be. Demons, fiends, and plenty of other revolting abominations now roam freely, terrorizing cities, killing innocents, burning down the forests of the elves, and driving the dwarves out of their mountainous dwellings. Some of our own kind, having given up hope, fell to the whispered promises of evil and have now joined the creatures. After many failed attempts of driving them back into their portal, the human king, Restus the Great, has given up hope and now waits for the end. The elves have retreated deeper into the forests, afraid and helpless. And the dwarves are the only ones who take a stand against the demons, but they will fail. The creatures are too many.

I know that the only way to end this nightmare is to close shut the gate that has been opened, and I will find a way. I'm no coward. Not like my pathetic king. I know that others will join my cause. Brave souls, whether they be human, elven, or dwarven, will come to me and aide me in my quest.

The year 1 ED has come upon us. In the end, the world will either be destroyed or saved. This duty rests on our shoulders.

The World

The world is split into three continents – Anias, Illeus, and Xivlan. Anias is the home of the humans. It is the largest continent, covered in rolling grasslands, prairies, beautiful mountain ranges, and large cities. The capital city is called Axis, home of King Restus the Great; this city is in the center of the continent.

To the left of Anias is the continent Illeus, home of the elves. It is a continent, of forests, lakes, streams, and wilderness, the only cities being the ones in the great forest of Murlar. The elven cities can only be found by magic, for they now have wards against the unwanted demons.

To the right of Anias is Xivlan, home of the dwarves. Rough terrain, including mountains, deserts, and underground cities are all that are found on this smaller continent. The dwarves make their dwellings either underground or hidden in the mountains.

The portal has been opened on a northern island above all three continents. This island is called Death's Keep. It isn't big at all, but is extremely hard to reach. The blood red sea which surrounds it is seemingly bottomless, the waters are rough. No one has ever crossed this sea and lived to tell the tale. This is the sea that our heroes must cross.

The Races

Your character may only be either a human, an elf, or a dwarf.

Human: Impatient, selfish creatures, humans are a civilized race residing on the continent of Anias. In this game, your character must be from ages 18 – 50. Extremely young characters aren't fit to be heroes. The same with very old characters. Humans are also the most populated race, and they do well in any class.

Elves: Intelligent, secretive beings, elves are a mysterious race living in the forests of Illeus. They are currently in hiding, but a few brave elves have joined the cause. An elven character must be between from 100 – 700 years old, roughly 18 – 50 in human standards. Elves do well as magic-users, healers, or paladins.

Dwarves: Rough, burly creatures are the dwarves. They are the bravest of the races, and usually wear a beard. Dwarves must be from 50 – 300 years old in their standards. Dwarves do well in any warrior-type class.

The Creatures:

• Demons
    • Dragons
    • Fiends
    • Goblins
    • Imps
    • Shadows

(To learn about the corrupt races, see my blog. https://www.writingforums.org/blog.php?b=1774)

The Classes​

Your character may be any of the following classes:

Warrior: Weilding some type of sword, warriors use their brains and brawn to win in a fight. Their skills are well-balanced.

Barbarian: Weilding some type of blunt weapon, barbarians are all about the fight. They are known as brutish fighters, never thinking, just swinging. Their strength is far greater than their defense.

Archer: Long distance fighters, using a bow or crossbow. Archers can deal heavy damage without fear of danger.

Ranger: Uses bows and arrows to defeat enemies. They have a wide range of accuracy, timing, and distance. They wear light armor, usually made out of leather, and the best races that make rangers are generally elves and humans.
    Courtesy of Leaka

Battlemage: A mix of the warrior and the wizard, battlemages wield a weapon and fight with magic. They cannot, however, be level 2 in both fields. When leveling up, battlemages are required to choose one field in which they wish to excel.

Wizard: Drawing energy from themselves, wizards are the most powerful magic-users. Spells are limited to the strength of the wizard casting it and the difficulty of the spell.

Sorcerer: Drawing energy from the world around them, sorcerers aren't as strong as wizards, but can cast more spells without fear of draining their own energy.

Necromancer: Drawing energy from themselves and others, necromancers are more powerful than wizards and can cast more spells; however, they are hated by wizards and sorcerers, and they oftentimes their spells backfire.

Priest: Priests have made a pact with the gods to act as a conduit to help bring their power into the world. This allows them to channel amazing miracles directly from the gods themselves, but only if they wish it. Also, because of their link to the gods, they are forced to act out the will of the gods, whether they want to or not.
    Courtesy of abculatter_2

Healer: Healer's specify in healing magic. They can heal minor wounds, and at level 5 major wounds. They cannot, however, bring back the dead.

Paladin: The paladin is a mix of the warrior and the healer. They are very similar to battlemages in this aspect.

Leveling Up
    When a player reaches 20 posts, they are asked by the gamesmaster if they wish to level up. If a warrior, barbarian, or archer after making it to level 2, they can have a max of two weapons. If magic-user, there spells will become more powerful. For battlemages, they will choose one of the above to increase. If a healer, their healing abilities will be enhanced, and if they are a paladin they choose between the warrior benefits or the healer benefits.

The Spells

Usually a magic-user specializes in one of the three magical elements: fire, ice, or electricity. Hardly any wizards can sum up the power to specialize in all three. Eventually, if you believe your character is ready to master one of the elements, PM me.

The following are the basic spells of a magic-user:

Fire: This spell is one of the more powerful offensive spells, and it's difficult to control. Magic-users shoots flames from their fingertips to scorch, and often kill, enemies.

Fire Blast: The level 5 version of Fire, Fire Blast is far more powerful and can kill weaker enemies instantly.

Hellfire: The level 10 version of Fire, Hellfire can kill stronger enemies on contact. This spell is very difficult to master, however, and usually backfires.

Frost: Like fire, frost is one of the more powerful offensive spells. Magic-users shoot ice from their fingertips to freeze and kill enemies.

Ice Storm: The level 5 version of Frost, Ice Storm can kill weaker enemies instantly.

Blizzard: The level 10 version of Frost, Blizzard can kill stronger enemies on contact. Like Hellfire, Blizzard is extremely difficult to master.

Shock: Like fire and frost, magic-users can shoot electricity from their fingertips to shock and kill enemies.

Lightning: The level 5 version of Shock, Lightning can kill weaker enemies instantly.

Thunderstorm: The level 10 version of Shock, Thunderstorm can kill stronger enemies on contact, but is difficult to master.

Dark Energy: User casts dark balls of energy that explode on contact.
    Courtesy of Deathblade15

Dark Blade: Envelopes the blade in dark energy, allowing it to increase in effectiveness and power.
    Courtesy of Deathblade15

Oblivion Slash: Envelopes the blade in dark energy and causes massive damage and multiple slashes (lvl 5 version of Dark Blade).
    Courtesy of Deathblade15

Invisibility: Invisibility can be used by a magic-user for no longer than three posts for level 1 magic-users and five posts for level 2 magic-users. While invisible, players can only be seen by shadows.

Concealed: When a magic-user reaches level 7, they can hide themselves for 10 posts. This spell is rarely needed, however, and is best used during battles or other emergencies.

Shield: A shield can be held up for two posts by level one magic-users and four posts by level 2 magic-users. While shielded, players cannot be affected by any creature or other player.

Dark Shield: Allows the user to make a shield of dark energy in front of him/her. ONLY covers the front, not the sides or rear. The same level rules apply for Dark Shield as they do for Shield.
    Courtesy of Deathblade15

Control: This spell offers magic-users the ability to lift, manipulate, push, pull, and throw any being besides shadows and dragons. Level 1 magic-users can only lift, push, pull, and throw enemies, while level 4 magic-users can manipulate enemies into any position they desire.

Elemental Manipulation: Allows the user to manipulate elements such as fire, ice, and electricity to do their bidding.

Heal Minor Wounds: (Healers only)
    At level one, players can heal minor wounds; scrapes, slashes, bruises, ect.

Heal Major Wounds: (Healers only)
    At level five, players can heal major wounds; sword wounds, decapitated limbs, ect.

Cold Persona: Transfers a person's body heat to themself. Although this gives no true benefit to the user (apart from the fact they are nice and warm), it's target gets chilly, then cold, then possibly goes into hypothermic shock. Courtesy of CommonGoods

(Magic-using players are free to create their own spells at will as long as they consult me first and I agree. If you would like to request a spell, PM me.)

The Rules

1) Read all posts. In order to understand what's going on, this is a necessity.

2) Posts must be at least 5 full sentences long (1 paragraph).

3) Please use spell-check!

4) Keep cursing to a minimum; we don't want to offend anyone!

5) No god-modding, which means controlling another person's character, unless you are using the manipulation spell.

6) No perfect characters! Perfects are no fun. Everyone has a flaw!

7) Killing between players is allowed, but only if you have the player's permission and the game-master's permission.

8) Try and make at least two posts per day. This will keep the thread active!

9) More than one character is allowed only if you have permission. If your character is killed, you may create another character to take his/her place.

10) You must always stick with the group, unless you have permission to leave.

11) My final word is law!

The Plot​

The character limit is 10. Do not post a profile if the spots have already been taken. If you would like to save a spot, that's fine with me. Character development is strongly encouraged! Romance, twists, friendships, and rivalries are encouraged; it will make the game more interesting. Missions will be set by me. After we have enough players to begin, I will set the first mission. You must follow the objectives.

The game begins in the continent of Anias in the capital city. The characters will meet at the the home of my character, and your character must have his/her own reason for joining the cause. Perhaps they want fame and glory, maybe they want to help save the world, or they could just be thirsty for blood-shed. Whatever their reasons may be, your character is a hero who chooses to join the MC in their quest to shut down the portal. My character is the leader of this mission; you must follow my word at all times!

Character Template

Code:
    [b]Name:[/b]
    	[b]Gender:[/b]
    	[b]Race:[/b]
    	[b]Class:[/b]
    	[b]Age:[/b]
    	[b]Appearance:[/b]
    	[b]Personality:[/b]
    	[b]History:[/b] (At least one paragraph)
    	[b]Clothing/Armor:[/b]
    	[b]Weapons:[/b] (One to start out with)

My Character (And Your Leader):

Name: Lucas (Luke) Willard
    Race: Human
    Class: Battlemage
    Appearance: Lucas is tall, standing at a little over 6 feet, with medium-length, wavy brown hair, bright blue eyes, and a strong, muscular build. He has the body of a warrior, preferring to wear armor over wizard's robes any day. Luke also focuses more on his fighting than his magic, and he always keeps a weapon or two at hand.
    Personality: Brave, bold, headstrong, intelligent, and caring are all words that can be used to describe Luke. Once a friend, always a friend, or so he says. He cares more for his friends than for his mission, at times; however, his bravery can often get his closest allies into tight situations.
    History: Luke grew up with a love for adventure. His father had been a mercenary, thus encouraging his son to take up the job someday as well. Lucas didn't have a tragic childhood. In fact, he had a very happy one. He does have quite a few secrets, though, as everyone does . . . And it would take a true friend to come along before he would tell anyone.
    Clothing/Armor: Luke usually wears a medium weight suit of battle armor, black in color, with silver and golden runes etched upon the plates.The armor doesn't hamper his magic, and he finds it comfortable and movable.
    Weapons: A hand-and-a-half sword that matches his fighting style; two hands when fighting, and one hand when using magic.

My Secondary Character:

Name: Annaleigh (Called "Anna" by her good friends) Willard
    Class: Priest
    Appearance: Annaleigh is average height, not too short nor too tall, with long, wavy brown hair, bright blue eyes, and a thin, lithe build. She is always seen wearing white robes adorned with golden runes that represent the gods. She never carries a weapon, preferring only to stun her enemies. Killing is below her, and she often tries to preach this to others, including her brother Luke. Although many men find her attractive, Anna tries not to involve herself in relationships.
    Personality: Anna can be very bossy at times, and most of the time her brother gives in to her, doing whatever she wants. She does love Luke, but Annaleigh likes nothing more than to take advantage of him. She has a gentle, kind heart, however, and will do anything to help others. Sometimes when trying to be helpful she can be quite annoying, for she constantly goes on and on about the gods and how wonderful they are. On the inside, though, Anna can be just as doubtful as any non-believer.
    History: Even though Anna grew up in a family or mercenaries, she pursued her dream of living for the gods. Her mother supported her, but her father thought she was crazy. Anna left her family to live in the temple in their hometown, learning more of the gods and their ways. She committed herself to a life of servitude, and only when the gate opened did she feel the need to leave the temples and join her brother in his quest. Something had to be done. Anna also feels as if she is meant to help her brother, that helping him is a command of the gods.
    Clothing/Armor: White robe
    Weapons: Anna carries no weapons, only using her magic.

Character List
    (Listed in Alphabetical Order)

Agnorth - Level 2 - Priest
    Annaleigh Willard - Level 4 - Priest
    Atrius Rile - Level 2 - Necromancer
    Deathblade - Level 5 - Battlemage
    Emna d’Rose - Level 1 - Sorcerer
    Furúmil Davindesh - Level 1 - Ranger
    Gloria - Level 1 - Sorcerer
    Hopius Lye - Level 1 - Sorcerer / Healer
    Incendia Ignus - Level 2 - Sorcerer
    Len - Level 1 - Wizard
    Lucas Willard - Level 4 - Battlemage
    Scythe - Level 1 - Sorcerer / Ranger
    Senofyn - Level 1 - Bard​

Gamemaster
    Fantasywriter

Assistant Gamemaster
    Leaka

(I, Fantasywriter, will be in charge, but you may PM either of us with questions.)

2. Raven

Raven Banned

Game Open

3. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Name: Last- Hopius[Pronounced Hope-is] First- Lye [Pronounced Lie]

Gender: Hermaphrodite [Appears female, uses she, biologically male]

Race: Elf

Class: Sorcerer/ Healer [Is that okay]

Appearance: http://i40.tinypic.com/153sp54.jpg

Personality: Lye is distrusting of people, she is very calm though calm and wise, she seems nearly connected to the earth. Though she has a nasty habit of snapping back at people, despite being calm she sometimes can have a nasty temper, she is respectful and responsible, honorable, and loyal. Her positives outweigh her negatives. Her negatives are a tendency to quickly judge people, her stubborn nearly bull headed personality. She is quiet as well, doesn't say much despite everything she has.

Clothing/Armor: [Check picture]

Weapons: None- What is the purpose of carrying a blade around? [BTW, that is Lye asking the question not me]

History: Lye was around long enough to know the problems in the world. The elves were to hypocritical they called the humans insects, worthless, impatient, and selfish.
    And Lye is an elf so she knows what the elves did in the forest secretly. There were forest brothels, and they asked to much of the earth that had given birth to them. For the most part the elves were the same as the humans for all Lye cared about. Most of the elves she found pigheaded, especially this one who tried to get his hand in her dress.
    So Lye left, she was tired of the elves and tired of their secretive life style of talking behind backs. Lye traveled for a while, going to different settlements. She even found a race she hated more then the elves, the dwarves.
    A lot of them were small and tried to look up her dress. She didn't understand what was with people, perverted ideals, selfish thoughts. Oh and the worse thing beyond perverted ideals were their constant we are going to fight. Lets fight.
    Brawls, drunks all the time.
    Lye became impatient, traveled off again. Found herself in a human settlement the way they treated other races were more disgusting then anything else. She hated them and they tried to act upon their perverted ideals. At least the elves and dwarves had some respect. From that point on Lye lost hope in living creatures that could speak.
    They were for the most part, only acted upon their flaws.
    Lye taught herself to the best of her ability to act upon her qualities and not flaws. Lye created her own settlement with wolves. She found she could trust wolves because in a way they were like her.
    Learning to learn from flaws and not act upon them so much. And they didn't try to get into her dress either. She became sort of like earth herself, finally she was out of peace.
    Lye is the leader of a wolf pack, when the portals opened she called her two best wolves to come and help out.

Lye's Wolf Pack: http://i41.tinypic.com/244b5z5.jpg

She uses Heiser and Lorel more, both are male....they are her protectors

A little information Tala is female, Tomb is her husband, Idius is female, Grave is male

4. abculatter_2

abculatter_2 New Member

Name: Brother Agnorth
    Race: Dwarf
    Class: Priest

Appearance: Agnorth is old, even by dwarven standards. However, he is surprisingly muscular for one of his age. He has long, white hair and beard, which he keeps tucked in his belt to prevent them from impairing movement. He wears robes so white, they seem to glow, and an air of peace and tranquility can be felt by anyone near him.

Personality: Agnorth is kind and benevolent to all forms of life, be it plant or animal, friend or foe, intelligent or not. His age and link with the gods has given him wisdom to rival the best philosophers of the age.

History: Agnorth was born on the streets, forced to become a criminal to support himself and seen as a blight to society. However, one day a pastor offered him residence in the church, and he was taught of the gods and religion. In time, he decided to abandon his former life and become a priest, offering his life for the greater good.

Clothing/Armor: He wears robes so white, they seem to glow.

Weapons: A magnificent warhammer of shining, polished silver.

5. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Name: Atrius Rile
    Class: Necromancer

Appearance: He has short, trimmed black hair, with gray eyes, and dislikes facial hair. He is about five feet eight, and not muscular nor overweight.

Personality: Extremely educated, in the academic sense of the word, and polite to friends and foes alike. He comes from a wealthy family, which accounts for his manners and diplomacy. Nevertheless, he's somewhat arrogant when inhibited or angry. Embraces his short mortality instead of envying those who will live far longer than him. He enjoys good liquor.

History: Atrius was a precocious child, and liked learning, while his siblings simply indulged in the life that they were provided with. He wanted to be an artist, but he had no talent at any of the arts. His paintings were dead, his sculptures out of shape, his music toneless. Frustrated, he ultimately settled for necromancy, a choice which horrified his family. He could not get fame and glory by regular means, which only meant he had to try some other way.

Clothing/Armor: He wears outfits more apt for merchants than for necromancers, complete with hat, vest-over-shirt, and gloves. Favours jackets above robes or armour. Also carries a mechanical watch in his pockets.

Weapons: A couple of jeweled daggers, which he uses to cast his spells and as a regular weapon should the need arise (which it usually does).

Magic: Control, Invisibility and summoning skeletons from corpses of dead foes. Or friends.

6. CommonGoods

CommonGoods New Member

Name: Emna d’Rose
    Class: Sorcerer
    Appearance: Long , bright red hair, held back by a gold and copper hairpin. Hazel eyes, small nose and mouth, thin lips which she keeps painted red to match her hair. Small and delicate would spring to mind. Usually wears a fancy sheath dress and elbow length gloves, both red (again, to match her hair). Hardly wears any jewellery.
    Personality: Spoiled beyond belief, which has caused her to become arrogant, ridiculously self assured and extremely outgoing. Thinks the world resolves around her and her alone, and is quick to see others as playthings. Yet although she is all these things, she is not stupid; she can be modest, kind and caring. But it will probably be a façade. Can be a terrible flirt, both with men and women.
    History: Daughter and only child of a minor nobleman of Anias. Mother died when she was born, and was since spoiled beyond belief by her father, who feels she is all that he has left. Yet over the years of bullying around not only her servants, but her father as well, Emna grew increasingly bored and has been doing irresponsible things that border to stupidity, depending on her fathers fortune and influence to talk and, when necessary, bribe her way out of trouble. A few weeks ago, her father finally stood up to her, cutting her allowance until she “grew up, and started acting befitting of a d’Rose”. She was furious, and ran away from home.

Emna showed a knack for magic at a very young age, further confirming her image of a universe of which she was the centre. She went trough many teachers, who always gave up on her; for despite the fact she was a terrible student, she picked up tricks faster then most, to the annoyance of her teachers. Since she had an affair with her last teacher (a man that was three times her age) her father has decided to stop trying to teach her.
    Clothing/Armor: Usually wears a fancy sheath dress and elbow length gloves, both red (again, to match her hair). Hardly wears any jewellery. Currently wearing high, red leather riding boots.
    Weapon: A single boot knife.
    Magic: Cold Persona - Transfers a persons body heat to herself. Although this gives no true benefit to herself (apart from the fact she is nice and warm), it's target gets chilly, then cold, then possibly goes into hypothermic shock.

7. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

Name: Deathblade

Class: Dark Battlemage (a.k.a. dark magos warrior)

Apperance: has black hair and dark brown eyes, stands at 5'10" and weighs 186 lbs. Has a sturdy muscular build, and his hairstyle is somewhat short, but not too short. Concealed under his clothing are runic scriptures that have been magically grafted onto his skin to give him his dark abilities.

Personality: likes to keep to himself, but when in combat he is a fierce fighter combining his sword tactics with his magical abilities. If he feels threatened, he will attack and kill. He does have his softer moments however. He only refers to himself as deathblade, anything else is just an alias, when he was taken in that was to be his name for the rest of his days.

History: trained within dark castle, he quickly moved through the ranks and became #1 he was also leader of black squad, but decided to move on later in life. Now he protects the people and his own interests.

Clothing/Armor: Wears a black shirt, pants, gloves, and overcoat all enchanted to increase his physical abilities, he also wears a silver pendant that appears to be a dragon.

Weapon: a large archaic broad sword that nearly stands as tall as him. It is indestructable because of its archaic structure.

Magic:
    Dark Energy
    Dark Shield
    Dark Blade

8. RIPPA MATE

RIPPA MATE New Member

Name: Scythe

Race: Half Elf/Human

Class: Sorcerer/ Ranger

Appearance: Scythe is just on 6 foot, the human side comes out well. Average build. He conceals his appearance well under a hooded robe. But it is known that he has olive skin and jet black hair which is medium length and pushed back. His eyes are distinct. One is green the other black. A patterned tattoo runs down through his right eye (which is black) and down his cheek.

Personality: Scythe is very obscure and mysterious, nobody knows much about him. He is highly intelligent and can spot things others don't notice. Is rather cautious of other humans/elves/dwalves, or any other thinking being. If persuaded he is highly reliable at getting the job done. Loves intertwining magic with not magical objects.

History: Scythe comes from the very south of anias, his parents left him in the care of a highly skilled sorcerer, who was also one of the Kings former assassins. He was taught well but discovered alot of tricks through his own experimentation. After his trainer's/carer's death he moved throughout the land as a lone mercenary, learning that people will pay a high price to get their little jobs done.

Clothing/Armor: Wears standard leather amour underneath dark hooded green robe, laced with navy blue and blood red.

Weapons: Concealed crossbow strapped onto his wrist. (Magically enhanced for quicker reload, accuracy, power and concealment.)

9. xenophon22020

xenophon22020 New Member

EDIT: Here I am, early!

Name: Senofyn (Sen-O-Fen)

Race: Human (resembles a Frenchman; Guy Fawkes)

Class: Bard (Warrior)

Appearance: Narrow face, a stub of hair on his chin, a mustache hanging under his nose, blue eyes; black, flowing, ear-length hair, rather skinny, always smiling, a bit taller than a medium-sized man.

Personality: Senofyn has a colorful personality, exploiting his charisma to spread tales and merriment across the land. It is dark times, but Senofyn is devoted to revive the long lost tradition of Storytelling. Traits: Charisma, Sense of Duty (to friends), Self-Defense *only*, Arrogant, Clever, and Poor.

History: Senofyn grew under the wings of only his father, an aged Historian and storyteller. When he was young, Senofyn was very bright and much of his father’s skills began to shine through him. As a young man, Senofyn was a highly intelligent boy, knowing much about history and storytelling, and soon learned how to use a rapier.

When he left his home, word spread that his former village was raided by a tribe of pillaging goblins. He rushed home to rescue his father, but failed miserably; his father died in his arms. After being captured, he was given a scar that slashes down his back. He considers it a curse, is ashamed of it, and tries to hide it no matter the cost. After being rescued by a band of holy warriors, Senofyn heard of a group gathering focused on forever banishing the evils that had invaded the land.

He set out to find them.

Clothing/Armor: Light garb: a short, black cape; a white, flimsy long shirt; a blue, sleeveless over shirt; brown leggings, black boots, yellow band around his head, and a hidden scar slashing through his back.

Weapons: A thin, glittering rapier, which he likes to brandish when he talks. He also spends some time talking to it when alone, like before bed, calling it “Helen.”

10. abculatter_2

abculatter_2 New Member

7 people so far (8 if you include the GM).

Is that enough to start? Anyone who wants to join later can say so in the discussion thread.

11. moff

moff New Member

Name: Furúmil Davindesh (fur)

Race: Elven

Class: Ranger

Appearance: A little under 6 feet, a slender yet toned figure, extremely flexible, short too medium length brown hair always messy, deep green eyes, her hands tell of a gentle childhood as they are soft and smooth like her face with a perfect clear lightly pale complexion and pressed lips always slightly upturned in a cheeky or grateful smile she glows with innocence
    physical development is not yet that of a full woman but defiantly no child.

Personality: At first she is shy calm quite and patient yet somehow also highly curious and inquisitive, speaks only when she has too

History: Her mother had locked a tragedy in the far depths of her mind and assured as best she could nothing was left for her too question. How much was locked and what it was she may never know but as far as she can remember memories false and true she grew up in the great forest of Murlar. Traveling the towns with her mother a well known magical healer and whatever few merchants that wished to join them. They made decent coin offering goods, magical services and entertainment where ever they could. Her curiosity was never entertained by that which immediately surrounded her but questioned the world further out. So working hard improving her acrobatics and gathering many tips she then after the expenditure of much well earned coin found herself in Anias at the doorstep of Lucas Willard

Clothing: light leather's over tight brown leggings and a green tunic, with loose sandals flopping at her feet

Weapon: a tiny dagger, and a poorly made bow

12. Roric

Roric New Member

Take a left... the a right... then go in 5 circles
    Hope it's not too late to join...

Name: Len

Class: Wizard

Appearance: Dark brown hair and black eyes. Stands 5'8" high. His face looks a little young for his age. His skin is quite tanned and his body is quite slim with a little muscle tone.

Personality: Quite cheerful yet opinionated and strong willed. He takes on arguments happily and defends his own values quite well against others. At the same time, he is quite fearful of the darkness around him and at some times is even afraid of his own abilities.

History: He's an orphan from a small farming village in the southeast of Anias. He was taken by an crazy man who Len later discovered to be a Wizard. The man, called Barobarg, saw a spark in Len and thus taught him to be a wizard like himself. Len trained for most of his life but is still not the greatest at magic. Two years ago, Barobarg died after trying to cast a very powerful spell from his book. The explosion destroyed his mentor and the lace Len calls home. Now he travels Anias with nothing more that the book of spells which killed Barobarg and his staff.

Clothing/Armor:
    He wears brown shorts and a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Then he has a royal blue vest which sparks slightly and blue shoes. His shoes and vest are both enchanted with magic from Barobarg. His shoes are enhanced with air so that he can run slightly faster and jump slightly higher than usual. His vest is enchanted to protect him from some weak spells that come at him.

Weapons:
    He starts off with a staff which is meant to enhance his weak magical skills. The staff is almost as tall as him, a dark oak color. At the end of the staff is a blue gem embedded in the wood.

Spells:
    Fire
    Control
    Elemental Manipulation

13. Lorena

Lorena Active Member

Name: Gloria Smith

Class: Sorceress

Appearance: She has blonde raven-like hair, and her eyes have no pupils. Her face is pale and menacing, and her skin is very white. Basically, an amazon with barbie-like features.

Personality: Gloria is a remarkably calculated and self-absorbed woman. She has trouble empathising with the plight of others, instead choosing to use her feminine wiles and greater-than-life charisma to use those around her for her own selfish agenda. Gloria has no qualms in letting people know what she thinks of them. Some people have a very high and respectable opinion of Gloria, but behind the facade of charm and gusto, she's an extremely ambitious and dangerous woman.

History: Gloria learned her magic from her mother Matilda Smith who was a very respected sorceress in Anias. She specialised in fire attacks, and was revered for protecting Anias from outside threats. However, Matilda became mentally-ill and developed a penchent for pyro-mania. She mysteriously descended into madness, an event which bewildered all her friends and family. Matilda burnt herself in her own house one day. Gloria has since succeded her. When a few citizens of Anius voiced their suspicions of Gloria's involvement in the death, they mysteriously disappeared...

Clothing/Armor: Light armour, fashionably customized for maximum mobility. The amour around her arms are enchanced so she can lift extremely heavy objects.

Weapons: Gloria uses a bow and arrow, which she charges with her fire powers. Also keeps a dagger tucked in her left boot.

Spells:
    Fire
    Control

14. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

Bang!

Lucas was startled out of his daydream by the sound of a mug thumping down on the tabletop in front of him. The young man groggily rubbed his eyes and looked up at the interruption, just about to say something quite rude, and locked eyes with the bar-keep, Elnor. And then he remembered what he had been doing before drifting off into sub-consciousness. Waiting. Waiting for anyone, if anyone, to show up.

He had posted flyers all around town asking for any willing mercenaries to join him in his quest. Elnor had told him that the turn-out wouldn't be good. Pretty much everyone thought Lucas was mad. Mad or determined to die. The peoples of the world have given up hope by now. "Just let the demons come," some often said. "The world's ready to end." Luke didn't believe that. He knew that the only way to stop the demons from attacking would be to close shut the portal that they came from. He didn't know how to close it, but he could try. And he needed the help of those brave enough to accompany him.

That was why he had posted the flyers. Before falling into his daydream, Lucas had been waiting for any mercenaries to show up at the local tavern, where the flyers had suggested they come. Elnor had probably come to wake him to tell him it was the middle of the night and time to go home.

"You've got some company."

That's not what he had expected Elnor to say at all. Were people actually here to see him? Was his campaign actually a sucess? Luke's face brightened and he grinned. Looking towards the door, Lucas immediately spotted his sister Annaleigh standing in the doorway, a smile upon her face, and his grin instantly disappeared, replaced by disappointment. Only she had showed up?

However, when she stepped inside, he saw that she was followed by at least 10 others, probably more, all eager to get inside the small building. That was more than he had expected, and he laughed merrily, standing to greet them.

"It actually worked, Elnor!" he said, patting his good friend on the back. "I told you I wasn't crazy!"

Turning to Annaleigh and the others, he waved his hand in greeting and gestured for them all to sit down while Elnor went about welcoming the guests to his tavern.

15. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Name: Incendia Ignis

Class: Sorcerer

Appearance: Light, fair skin with long, dark brown hair, medium-tall height, and radiant blue eyes. She's not suited to fighting due to her light, delicate physique.

Personality: Incendia takes great pride in being the heir of the Ignis family, and has a strong sense of honor and pride. Deep down she is actually a kind and caring person, yet she feels no remorse for criminals and wrongdoers of any kind.

History: She's is daughter and heir to the noble Ignis family, a family especially skilled with fire manipulation and using gems. But her island on the coast of Anius where she lived was destroyed by a raging dragon while she was hunting for gems on a near by island. Everyone on the island was killed leaving her to care for herself as the only surviving Ignis. Since then she has been living with a caravan, selling gems and fire dancing.

Clothing/Armor: She wears a beautiful scarlet dress, but its no ordinary dress, its lined and detailed with crushed gems which give her an extra reserve of energy, and also give the dress fireproofing and magical resistance. She also wears an elegant pure, solid diamond pendant shaped like a flame, which holds a massive amount of saved up magic.

Weapons: Only a small ruby hilted dagger, and a small satchel of magic filled gems.

Magic: Fire and Element Manipulation [Fire]. Her fire is actually white by the way, the symbol of the Ignis blood line.

16. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Lye had began the journey from the hills to town a few days ago. Now the town was entering her eyesight. Heiser and Lorel were following her. She wondered if the guards would say anything. Since Heiser himself was abnormally large. The reason she was coming to the town was clear and simple. Those strange portals. And a few nights ago, Tala had brought her a certain flyer.
    Claiming they could aid in destroying the demons and closing the portals. Lye didn't believe it one bit, but at the moment the portals seemed to congregate around the forest and it was getting harder and harder to find a safe area. So Lye decided to check this out, see who the full was this time. And maybe this fool could lead her though into a couple of small hours of entertainment. Lye entered town from the hills and walked toward the town Tavern. Lye walked in and so one young man. He had an eager look on his face. Lye kept her hood on and covered her face.
    Oh dear god why, she thought, Now I know this has to be a joke and has to be some ridiculous human being.
    Though the amusement value may be good. Lye noticed the tavern people staring at her two wolves Lorel and Heiser. Both got up more like dogs then wolves.
    "They stay," Lye said, "They stay with me."

17. xenophon22020

xenophon22020 New Member

Even the beasts that had murdered his father were shivering tonight. Wrapped in a dark cloak, Senofyn descended upon the tavern, bars of light flickering from its windows. His breath fogged in front of him, and when the wind did not snatch it away, he inhaled it. He grabbed the door – its handle was frosted in a skin of iciness – and slipped inside.

The bard stood in front of the doorway, door swinging shut behind him. It was a quiet place, and though he was usually the main entertainment of most taverns and barrooms, no one noticed him. He had traveled a far away from home, and he doubted that anyone would even care who he was. Rings of heads circled tables, hands clasped on mugs, and cards were unfolded before their players.

He searched for a face. His eyes twinkled as they gazed across the ocean of faces. So many of the faces were callous, others rippled with scars. He was looking past a dwarf when he recognized someone. It was the face from the poster, the one he had read over and over again, and the one that was folded in his pocket.

Senofyn breathed in. An excitement flowed through his veins. He was ready. Too long have the memories of his left behind father tainted him. Too long has he been awaken in the middle of the night, surfacing from demon filled dreams. It was time to reclaim himself, to avenge the blight that was set upon the land.

It was time for revenge.

18. Roric

Roric New Member

Take a left... the a right... then go in 5 circles
    Len walked slowly behind some of the other, far more prepared and powerful, mercenaries who had seen the flyer around town. Len knew he was certainly no mercenary but if there was anything he could do to try and defeat the demons and improve his magic along the way, he was ready. Then he saw someone waving at the company. He looked so ready, excited to finally have aid in his quest.

"What have I gotten myself into?" Len asked himself under his breath, shaking his head softly.

19. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Atrius hurried through the crowd. He was late for an 'appointment'. Truth was that he had seen a flyer pasted thorough the town and it caught his interest. He sipped a drink from his flask, giving him an extra layer of protection against the cold. He didn't know what was in the flask, but he couldn't care less. As long it wasn't water he'd be fine. He wandered aimlessly for a few seconds about the block, unsure of where to go. Commoner lands were too confusing, especially with this number of people pushing through.

Eventually, he made it to a small building he had passed by at least ten times before. He took another sip, and noticed he was running low on whatever-it-was-that-he-was-drinking. He tried to open the door, but the frozen handle slipped off his gloves. It took him while to open it. Once inside, he found himself inside a small tavern. Wonderful, he thought.

He wasn't alone inside the tavern. There were at the very least a dozen or so other people in there, including some non-humans. It wasn't a problem. He stepped near to the bar, asked for a glass of aguardente. He drank it all at once. Huh, he thought, commoner drinks aren't very strong. He asked for a refill and looked for the familiar face of the contractor; it had been on the poster. He took off his hat and walked closer to the man.

"Hello. I'm here for the job."

20. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Incendia didn't much like the idea of being a mercenary, it seemed like a disgrace to the Ignis line. But she couldn't pass up this opportunity to finally avenge her family and destroy the demons. “Of course; this Willard person is probably just a dead end.”, she had thought to herself.
    But upon entering the tavern her mind changed. There weren't any knights in shining armor, or wise, powerful wizards to aid in this ridiculous battle, but there were ten or so people there for the same reason as she was, all of whom looked like they could hold their own against a demon, maybe two, or at least a couple of fiends.
    “Looks like I might just have a chance. Maybe I'll finally get to avenge the Ignis.”, said the last heir of the Ignis line as she sat down at the table where she recognized Lucas Willard, the person who could help her finally restore the honor of the Ignis.

21. CommonGoods

CommonGoods New Member

He had called her spoiled! How dare he call her spoiled! Her own father, wasn’t he supposed to love her?! But no, he had called her a spoiled brat! A spoiled brat! Emna was quivering with rage as she rode trough the town. She would show them, she would show them all. The d’Rose lineage was good for more then sitting around musty old books, trying to figure out how to make a golden penny more or spend a silver penny less! She was a strong, independent woman.

A broke woman, to.

Her father had cut her of. The clerk had refused to hand her anything, and so she had slapped him. He had deserved it, the lusty old fool. Always staring at her. Not that she could blame him. She was quiet beautiful. And smart. And wonderful.

And broke.

She was just thinking about what former bed mates she could talk into handing her some money when she spotted the flyer. Something about adventure. Something about glory. Emna grinned. Yes, adventure and glory. Her father would beg her to come back home in no time. She ripped the flyer of one of the doors and started heading to the location mentioned there.

It seemed she wasn’t the only one interested. As she had some wide-eyed stable boy put away her mare, she saw several others enter the small building. A sly smile appeared on her lips as she went trough the door. The more people, the more fun.

"Hello. I'm here for the job."

She saw one of the man approach one of the other man, and head over. They were talking about jobs, probably the adventure she had set her mind on. The man was normal weight, cleanly shaven, well dressed. Her type of man. Emna rearranged her red hair to fall over her shoulder and approached the man, putting her arms around the man’s waste and her head on his shoulder. “We are here for the job, aren’t we love?”

22. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

Lucas' eyes scanned the room, looking each person over as they entered the room. He had always had a bad habit of judging others based on first impressions, and he had already begun to form those opinions. Only one man bothered to speak to him face-to-face, and Luke greeted him with a handshake. By looking into the man's eyes, Lucas immediately concluded that he was very close to being drunk. "Hello. My name is Lucas Willard. And you are?" When another woman joined him, wrapping her arms around him, Luke smirked. What was she up to?

A woman took a seat near Luke, and he glanced at her briefly, casting her a warm smile, before turning his attention to the others. Most of them still stood by the door as if waiting for something. But before beginning his speech, Lucas was bound and determined to meet all of his soon-to-be companions.

Annaleigh pushed through the dozen or so men and women to make her way to Luke's table, and when she reached it she immediately sat down next to Incendia, as close to Lucas as she could possibly get. She still said nothing; she had decided to wait before speaking.

23. abculatter_2

abculatter_2 New Member

"Have you seen Morgan around lately?"
    "No."
    "Haven't seen her since Tuesday, and I'm starting to get worried..."
    "I'm sure she'll turn up eventually."
    James, noticing something out of the corner of his eye, looked down the road. His partner followed his gaze to the beacon of light walking steadily towards them. It's small size was the first indication of a dwarf, while the flowing white beard tucked under a belt of silver-inlaid white cloth confirmed it. On his back bounced a large, magnificent warhammer made of steel polished so perfectly it gleamed like silver and trimmed with veins of gold. His face spoke of age and wisdom, wrinkles and sags covering every inch of it. They watched him as he made his way through a wide-eyed crowd and into a near-by tavern.
    "Wonder what a priest's doin' in a tavern..."
    "Must've seen Lucas' flyers."

24. xenophon22020

xenophon22020 New Member

Senofyn watched them file in. A diverse crowd floated into the tavern. Leaning against the wall, Senofyn decided now was the time to act. He slowly lifted off the wall and walked hesitantly over to the crowd. He overheard names, and a “Lucas” ran constantly in his ears. He found the man, whose face matched that exactly of the flyer. He lifted the flyer out of his pocket just to double check: it was him.

He approached him cautiously. Shedding his hood, Senofyn revealed his face; a smooth narrow visage, with a stub of black hair hanging under his lip. “Hello,” he greeted, “I believe the name is Lucas?” He held out his hand amiably.

25. RIPPA MATE

RIPPA MATE New Member

Sythe was already in the tavern. Sitting in a dark corner, hood up, ever scanning the room. The apparent leader of this mission was here way way early and it didn't take long before he was sound asleep. He should get to bed earlier. Sythe also notice another figure lying in wait. A hooded figure, fiddling obsessivly with a shiny rapier. best keep an eye on him.

Sythe watched as a lone girl walked in, striding towards the sleeping leader. A bang resounded through the room. The leader woke with a start. The girl murmered something and all of a sudden the leaders face lit up. Ah finnally, the little crowd had come.
    Then, as if by cue, the taven door opened and in came those brave souls, ready to join this lucas guy on his foolish quest.

Sythe smiled.
    And so it begins.