1. izastar

izastar New Member

Books or educational material for TV script writing

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by izastar, Jan 12, 2010.

Hi,

This is my first time writing a 1hour TV show and I'm look for material/books, that can help guide me.

2. ManhattanMss

ManhattanMss New Member

Most screenplay books I've seen have segments on TV scripts. The one I have by David Trottier (SCREENWRITER'S BIBLE) does. He also has a website where you might be able to find some help. You can Google TV scriptwriting and find more information, too. Good luck. Sounds like fun.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

yes, dave's 'bible' does have a good tv section... i mentor many aspiring screenwriters for both film and tv, so have some additional info i can send you, if you want to email me...

love and hugs, maia

4. izastar

izastar New Member

How about writing programs, are there any out there that are worth the money?

5. Operaghost

Operaghost New Member

If you have the money then final draft is a must, it is industry format and contains all the formats required for major networks (as they do differ) you can download a free demo of it too from there website.

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

ditto that!

but there are also free formatting programs available[e.g. celtx], if you're not serious about writing scripts as a career, or can't yet afford fd...