1. KPMay

KPMay Member

Hi, hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by KPMay, Jun 19, 2016.

Obligatory introduction of myself here..I'm KP and I'm 25. I was born in the US but moved to the UK with my husband in 2014. I like cats, reading fantasy/science fiction, crochet, running, and the occasional smoke.
    I used to write way more as a teenager, but growing older I had less and less time for it. After not writing much for so long I've been very hesitant of throwing myself back in the fray.. but here I am.
    I'm starting back again by just finding writing prompts that inspire me and seeing where they lead.. I'm hoping to practice that way and write around 500 words every day. Is that a realistic goal? I just want to keep writing and writing until I feel my old creative self come back to me.
    Anyone else take a long break from writing? I used to love writing fan fiction, haha..

2. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

500 words sounds reasonable to me! Hi and welcome! Just squeezing a little in a day will help hone (is that the right spelling?) your skills and help your imagination flow and this forum is very good at suggesting new ways of thinking about writing. See you around!

3. KPMay

KPMay Member

Hello, and thank you! Yes, that's exactly what I plan to do! I've been surfing this forum for a little while now and it seems really helpful :)

4. CrusherBrooks

CrusherBrooks Member Supporter

You replied to mine, so here is my obligatory rebuttal ;)
    I've done the 500 words per day thing for a while, even in my current project, especially to break through writer's blocks. It works because at some point you'll reach something that sparks your interest, something you want to write more about. Additionally you could go to some place like deviantart, look at one of 'em huge landscape pictures, just look until something catches your eye. Could be as simple as a tree or a bird or a farmhouse. Based on that, write something, anything! :)

P.S. 25 years old, writes about "growing older" in the past tense. We're young damn it!