1. Chaos Inc.

Chaos Inc. Active Member

Where do I go for those couple lines I want out but don't care enough to up the effort

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chaos Inc., Nov 27, 2019.

I don't know if anyone else is like this, but I'll be writing along and then BAM I hit a speed bump where I need to describe something so trivial and mundane I end up just saving my progress and closing Word. I'm working on a rule book for a d20 project I'm working on and I have a lot of placeholder text like "describe climbing" or "don't forget to add context here" all over the place. I know something needs to go there but I don't care enough to put any effort into fleshing it out. I've been relying on "I'll get back to it when I'm editing" but now I'm editing and I still don't care. Is it okay to just throw a few bucks at someone to do it for me? I literally looked at essay writing services to fill in this text.

Or is this something I can post in the forums somewhere like "I need a two line description of climbing a large object such as a mountain or wall. Go!"?

Tralala likes this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I put brackets in with a description and highlight it to come back to later. But I would never describe that as "don't care enough."

Tralala likes this.
  3. Tralala

Tralala Active Member

Seems a bit cheeky, Chaos :eek:

deadrats, EFMingo and GingerCoffee like this.
  4. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    If you're having trouble, that's one thing, but if you honestly don't care enough to finish your writing, perhaps you should consider a different hobby.

You'll run into possible legal issues there, you need to make sure that you have purchased the copyright to any work that another person does that ends up in your manuscript. To do otherwise could place you in jeopardy if you ever manage to publish.

Mod hat on here: No, you cannot do that on this forum. We're here to help each other, not do your writing for you. Any attempts to do this will result in deletion of the post/thread at a minimum and possibly warning points and/or suspension of your membership.

5. Chaos Inc.

Chaos Inc. Active Member

I'm just venting. There are just some things that are so simple that they feel like they shouldn't need to be explained but you have to anyway. It's like defining the words "a" or "the" differently than every other definition out there. I don't want to smash my head against my keyboard for an hour trying to string together a unique definition or providing context for common things because I also need to provide the same type of information for something that doesn't exist. I do it, I don't like doing it and it shows.

"We're here to help each other" but also "you should consider a different hobby".

6. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

"you should consider a different hobby" if you don't care about writing.

Those of us who do are here to help each other not to do writing for each other

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  7. deadrats

deadrats Contributor Contributor

I'll do it for $1 a word. :)