1. Iogairn

Iogairn New Member

Hey Comrades

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Iogairn, Feb 15, 2017.

Hi, I've apparently had an account here for a while but wasn't aware of it until now. I keep on making vague attempts to write so it fits, hopefully this time will take off.

I'm currently on a year out between college and university. I am a qualified teacher (English as a foreign language) which will hopefully get me working somewhere outside of the UK. My life at the moment is largely dominated by my activism, and I suspect this will come across in my writing so I'm very much motivated by the ideas of class, gender and race and the dynamics of inequality there. I think my aim is to write in a way that expresses those dynamic but isn't completely controlled by it, and especially not to essentially turn it into a debate.

While that's ideally what I'd like to write, I often struggle to find the energy (with the constant pressure of needing to live under capitalism amirite) so I actually quite like indulging in fairly simple fantasy and historical plots with engaging characters.

2. Rosacrvx

Rosacrvx Contributor Contributor

Hello ESL teacher! I owe a lot to some of your colleagues, so welcome! :)

(Feel free to correct me anytime, I'm very used to it. ;) )

Iogairn likes this.
  3. Whale Song

Whale Song New Member

Welcome logaim.

Iogairn likes this.