1. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Moral support needed!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SeaBreeze, Sep 3, 2007.

Well, I am really proud of myself because I just went for a walk. Okay, not really THAT special, but I exercised! At the moment, and risking mortal embarressment and humilation, I am obese at 119kg. That is about 7kgs more than what I was in Febuary. So I need to lose weight and since I have grown to love this forum and think of many of you as friends, I figure I can share this with you.

If I do not lose weight by exercise and healthy eating I wil end up with diabeties and PCOS. (poly cystic ovarian syndrom) which isn't really good. The good news is that I only have the start of it or onset so if I can get my weight down I will be able to control it.

So hence the walkies! It will be very hard as I am unfortunatly lazy! :p So I am trying at aiming to lose about 5kgs a month but not pushing it though. It's a small goal. And my larger goal is to be roughly 15-20 kg lighter at christmas. So since I have posted this, I need to stick to exercise and eating healthy, small portians.

So I guess what I am saying, or asking of you all, is for support and if any of you have yummy recepies (I know I spelt THAT wrong!) please send me some! So yeah, thanks oh and I would appreciate no negative posts or comments in response, It's very hard for me to post this on a public forum.

OH and I will asked Torana if she can help so like, I lose my monthly goal weight, she can take a photo and post it! YAY! sry.

If this is not appropriate, lemme know and close it down.
    :)
    ~DOZ

2. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Go Doz!!!!!!!!! you go on those walks girlfriend. :) no, seriously, it is good to see that you have realised you are overweight and am trying to change it. i have a mate who is really overweight and all she does is complain about it and then does nothing to help the situation. just try little bits of exersicse at a time and you will get there. :D my mam reacently lost like 2 stone which she is proud of, and if she can do it, you can. :)
    Heather

3. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Thankyou soo much! I mean, I know I'm overweight or bluntly put.. FAT! :p but I know why I'm a larger lady! I eat waay too much junkfood and put too much on my plate. I hate it when a larger girl complains that she doesn't know why she's fat then orders a large bucket of chips or something, ya know? So Thanks Heather. Very hard posting this up on the internet! But It hopefully will force me to stick to it or risk being shamed!

4. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

yea i know what you mean. this lass who is fat basically, and i mean seriously over weight so hat it must not be healthy, eats large chips all the time then refuses to do PE!!

good luck though darling, it is hard to stick with diets and exercise routines sometimes but you just have to be strong. one suggestion i have is do not cut out all of the food you like to eat, ilke chips and chocolate. instead limit it. if you cut it out completelty it makes it even harder.
    Heather

5. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Thanks mate. :)

6. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Well darl you know I think that you are perfect the way you are. But I am going to be there for you for moral support my dear friend and will help you all the way.

Take my kids for a week and you will end up as thin as me lol

But seriously darl I am proud of you and you have my 100% support no matter what time day or night. I am only a text or phone call away.. :):)

7. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Thanks Tor. It does help! And er.. kids.. unfortunatly....I'm working.. yeah, thats it! Working! lol!

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

You have my deepest respect, Dropbear_OZ. I wish you success, and a long, healthy, beautiful life.

9. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

I think you'll find your decision to get healthy to be one of the best ones you'll ever make ever.

For cereal, my mother is a diabetic (lol, that and like 20 others in my extended family) and when she found out she immediately went out and began changing her life by exercising regularly and eating healthy - hence how she managed to lose 20 kgs in like three months, lol.

Anyway, I suppose this is all a round-about way of saying, go Doz, you get out there and you do this for yourself, your body will love for you it.

And trust me if my Mother can do it you can too.

Good on ya for teh wise decision and peaches-outzah dessert!

10. Sayso

Sayso New Member

Hey, you go girl. I am so proud of you.

You're not the only one here who's carrying a little too much weight, I am too. Once the kids are back in school, a friend and I are going to get out and get more exercise too so you're not on your own.

No matter how heavy you are though, I think you're beautiful. Your photos show a beautiful person and your writing shows an even more gorgeous person shining from within.

We're with you all the way - you can do it.

11. shadow tiger x

shadow tiger x New Member

The Australian funny farm. More than 5 minutes fro
    DOZ I am here if you want a walking friend hey i am more than happy too so if you want to get my number off of Tor and just give me a call Aden and i need to get out walking. I am proud of you and yes i know all about diabeties as i had pregnany diabeties and it is not fun. You go girl

12. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

[​IMG]

13. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Enter the cat macros....

We're all behind you, as you've probably figured by now. If you'd like, you can walk to see me. That'd be a lot of exercise :p

14. JymmiTee

JymmiTee New Member

Go for it! Lots of people talk about how they want to "trim up" or "lose weight," but it's great that you are taking the (literal) steps to actually get there!

And I think your attitude is perfect -- taking charge of your health so you can live a long and happy life. Forget the people who try and force you into a box and tell you to look a certain way or shape...do it for yourself and you will always succeed :)

15. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

AAAAAAAW Cheers guys! The support is massivly appreaciated! Now it's day two and I gotta walk again... and eat better stuff..... :( :p yeah, Banzai, I will walk there, when I'm light enough to walk on water! :p

16. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Good for you DoZ.
    If you don't mind I'll e-mail my Mom to see what she has done to lose weight, and I'll pass the info onto you.
    She's spent the last year eating healthier and doing minor exercise, and is steadily getting healthier.

17. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Awsome, thanks. It's much appreciated!

18. Banzai

Hey, if Jesus could do it, should be a piece of cake, right? :p

19. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

I used to do it all the time during winter. It's a little slippery, but not very difficult.

20. Sir Cameron

Sir Cameron New Member

hey dropbear, I don't know you very well yet, but so far this is speaking volumes of your character. No kidding, I know so many people who will talk the talk till the cows (heh, pun intended) come home, but they do nothing. So yea...there's my 2 cents.

P.S. ever thought it was weird that it's a penny for a thought, but you put your two cents in?

Does that mean you have to think twice about something?

who gets these two cents?

Someone's makin profit.

damn government

21. Banzai

Do the government tax your two cents? Perhaps that's why it has to be two, to pay the extortionately high tax rates :p

22. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Nutters. :p. Thanks Sir Cameron.

It's raining at the moment so I might just have to force myself to go walking! Or to do something. Maybe dance crazily for half an hour. Just to get some exefrcise at least! And it's fun too!

23. Banzai

Run around your house screaming! Or just talk to someone on the phone while you wander aimlessly around the house. I do that all the time... :p

24. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

LOL. but you need to have a higher heart rate to actually burn calories! Otherwise it doesn't do as much. I think. :( :D

25. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Run outside and dance crazy while singing "Singing in the Rain". It's refreshing, burns calories, and makes annoying people leave you alone.