Tags:
  1. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by thenewpeter, Dec 14, 2010.

This is essentialy a plot starter for a manga I want to begin to produce, it's very basic at the moment, but this is essentialy the first part. I've not detailed any of charecters yet, I'll be updating this with their bio's soon:

Story: Lead tests a new hover bike he’s been adapting with a friend. He travels across the desert he lives in, finding himself in the middle of a pitched battle between several MBU’s (mobile battle units) (essentially mecha’s but on a smaller scale, slightly larger then human size) He see’s one go down under fire, speeds over and manages to save the pilot. They then escape the MBU’s. He takes care of the wounded pilot until she wakes up. A group of soldiers come looking for her, they hide her, the soldiers leave. She leaves over night leaving a note saying that it’s not safe for her to stay there, one of the hover bikes if gone. Lead and friend go in search of her, they manage to find her taking shelter in a cave eventually, passed out from her wounds. When she awakes, they agree to take her to (name of capital city), once they arrive there, after several hurdles, they find them self being recruited/drafted into her squad as mechanics/backup pilots.

This will essentially be the end of the first part, it’s so far only my premise that I’ll be building on, do anyone have any views of what I could do to improve this? All opinions are welcome.

In the second part, things will begin to escalate.

2. SashaMerideth

SashaMerideth Active Member

Start writing your story to completion. best advice we can offer.. just write! Get your story done, then manga-ize it.

3. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

Fair enought ^^ I'll take that advise and type... away!

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A story concept means nothing. I can tell you now, it has all been done before. What matters is how you write it, the characterization, the flow, the imagery, all of it.

There's no benefit in asking what other people think of the concept! They'll either say,"Sounds great," or, "it sounds like a ripoff of..."

If the idea stirs you, write it. Then ask people what they think of the final story. After they tell you what they don't like about it, revise it, usually several times, until you're happy with it or until you throw up your hands and say the hell with it.

Please read What is Plot Creation and Development?