1. TheDarkWriter

TheDarkWriter Active Member

How Can I Make Him More Heroic

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by TheDarkWriter, Nov 5, 2016.

So my story is about these two villains well they meet the standard of being super villains but my MC is often masquerading as a hero. He mainly views the law and the Super Heroes who enforce it as hypocritical. He pretends to be very optimistic and sincere but in truth he's jaded and doesn't see any hope for the world. He beleives that the world needs to be controlled and that he's the one to do it. He dreams of creating a world where all are equals and well while he wants to create a utopia his dream involves removing certain human rights like free speech and removing individuality as well as freedom of religion.

In short he wants to end democracy and put the world under his rule. His motives for this is that humanity has botched up the world too many times and needs to be reigned in. He's been around a long time and he feels humans shouldn't be allowed free will.

In short he is like Magneto from X Men but I don't know how he can be made sympathetic.

2. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Senior Member

3. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Personalize him. He doesn't live in a vacuum and his beliefs aren't isolated from his experiences.

Why does he feel as he feels? What trauma has he suffered in the past, what events have made him the way he is? Who does he care about, and how will taking over the world help that person or people to be safer/happier/better?

4. MusingWordsmith

MusingWordsmith Shenanigan Master Contributor

Pretty much what BayView said. I like the idea of a supervillian playing at being a hero. Really like it.

Also, I found Magneto (from the films anyway) to be pretty sympathetic, but that may be because I'm a sympathetic person by nature.