1. Viridian

Viridian Member Supporter

The Little Friend

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Viridian, May 26, 2016.

I'm currently reading The Little Friend by Donna Tartt. It was a gift. I've never read anything by this author before but i'm told her first book The Secret History was brilliant and her third book The Goldfinch is equally fabulous. I'm struggling with The Little Friend and can't decide whether to ditch it and move on or persevere. I googled Donna Tartt and read that The Little Friend has not been so popular.

2. SethLoki

SethLoki Retired Autodidact Contributor

I've not read it, and 'Goodreads' has left me ambivalent. Especially as it nearly 600 pages. This site'll tell you how much it'll take from or contribute to your life.

http://howlongtoreadthis.com/book_details.php?asin=1400031699&ean=9781400031696

Hoping you'll take one for the team. FWIW just mentioned The Goldfinch in another thread which I found really engaging.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  3. Viridian

Viridian Member Supporter

Ha ha, thanks @SethLoki, maybe i will. I'm not usually a quiter. I'll take a look at that link.

I bought the goldfinch for my sister but she's not reported back yet, however several people at work are reading it and all are enjoying.