1. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

Hunter S. Thompson

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by DeadMoon, Feb 23, 2015.

I picked up a book of Hunter S. Thompson's letters he wrote. It's the second book of his "gonzo" letters to friends, publishers, politicians and so on. I have heard people refer to him as a genius and I am not so sure I would refer to him like that. A good writer with great descriptive narration indeed but other then that it seems to be more of a drug fueled rant then anything. Fear and loathing in Las Vegas was a very good read as was many of the articles he has written but I don't think that makes him a genius.

I was just wondering if anyone here has an opinion on Hunter, his personality his writing or his legacy.

2. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Shouldn't this me moved? @minstrel?

Anyway, yeah, Hunter S. Thompson rocks - I really loved his Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Moved to Book Discussion.

Lemex likes this.
  4. Dunning Kruger

Dunning Kruger Active Member

I liked his book on the Hells Angels but thought less of Fear and Loathing. Read each one too long ago to remember specifics.